Bachelor Of Landscape Architectural Design Program (BLAD)
School of Environmental Design & Architecture (SEDA)
The School of Environmental Design and Architecture (SEDA) is at the cutting-edge of ingenuity and it provides a dynamic and challenging environment for students to study architecture and design and fosters creativity, critical thinking, intellectual development, ability to respond to our natural environment and cater to spatial needs and aspirations of individuals and the society. The School has been established to offer broad-based Design Programs with focused education to meet the challenges of the design profession. The following degree programs are offered by SEDA.
Bachelor's Program in Architecture (B. Arch.)
Bachelor's Program in Landscape Architectural Design (BLAD)
Bachelor's Program in Interior Design (B. Design)
The Bachelor course in Landscape Architectural Design (BLAD) is a full-time four year degree program. It deals with design and planning of Landscapes at various levels, from domestic to regional.
The discipline of Landscape is concerned with design of Physical environment, similar to courses like B.Arch. and B. Design. It offers opportunity to shape not only the manmade environment the but also the natural environment. It is complementary to the discipline of Architecture and shares several common concerns. Hence, there are multiple collaborative possibilities offered between the two courses in form of studios and other subjects.
The Bachelors degree programme in Landscape Architectural design offered at Navrachana University is the first of its kind in India. The programme intends to fill the gap in the rising profession of landscape architectural design with the professionals having practical knowledge and creative ability to design.
The salient features of the programme are,
- Deals with design and planning of Landscape spaces at various levels, from domestic, collective to regional.
- Multi-disciplinary course- combines sciences, humanities and technology with creative approach to space and form .
- Integration with Bachelor of Architecture program in form of foundation year and collaborative studios offered at various levels.
- Graduates who are equipped with the practical knowledge.
- Ready professionals to undertake projects on their own at the end of the program.
- Greater employability of the professionals
- First of its kind in India, offered only as Masters level course for architecture graduates elsewhere in India
- According to the experts in the field, the bachelors program is more suitable to train landscape professionals
Intake: 20 seats
Higher Secondary Examination or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks.
Prospective applicants are required to appear for an Open test conducted by the University.
Admission Process and Schedule:
|Last date of submission of Application form
||27th June 2018 until 3.00pm
||29th and 30th June 2018 at 4:00pm
|| 29th and 30th June 2018 at 4:00pm
|Entrance Test result
||30th June 2018 evening on www.nuv.ac.in
||1st July 2018 starting at 10:00am
| Admission announcement
||2nd July 2018
Online Admission registration will start from 09 April 2018. Applicants can click here to apply.
Limited accommodation facilities available for outstation students.