Rahul Shah did his Masters in Technology (CASAD – Structural Engineering) from Nirma University, Ahmadabad. His thesis is titled “Seismic Design of Intze Tank.”
He did his Bachelors in Civil Engineering from The M.S. University of Barod.
He joined Navrachana University in June 2015 as an Assistant Professor.
Before joining Navrachna University, he worked at Nirma University as an Assistant Professor.
Scholarship and Accomplishments
- Mr. Rahul Shah has specialization in area of Structural Engineering especially in Structural Analysis and Design, Concrete Engineering, Computer Aided design of structures. He was instrumental in designing syllabus for various courses. He teaches various courses across the Civil Engineering like Applied Mechanics, Theory of Structures, Design of Structures, Computer aided Structural Analysis and Advance Design of Structures.
- Mr. Rahul Shah has guided several final year projects in area of Structural Analysis, Design and Concrete Technology. He is recipient of Students’ Choice Best Instructor Award at Navrachana University.
- To date he has published 4 research papers in peer-reviewed International journals and proceedings of international conferences. He has attended several STTPs and Conferences and completed many MOOC courses.
Most Notable Publications
1. Saurabh Mehta, Yash Shah, Viraj Surti, Rahul Shah, ‘Study on Compressive Strength and permeability of Pervious Concrete’, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) ISSN: 2278-0181, Vol. 5 Issue 04, April-2016, Pg,669-671
2. Aniket Patel, Ankit Trivedi, Rahul Shah, ‘Effects on Compressive Strength of Concrete by using Glass Powder as Replacement of Cement’, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) ISSN: 2278-0181, Vol. 5 Issue 04, April-2016,Pg 574-576
3. Rahul Shah, ‘Seismic Analysis of frame supported Intze tank as per Indian and Eurocode Ceriteria’,ICES 14, VIT university, Vellore, TN ,14th -16th March 2014
4. Rahul Shah, ‘Identification and countermeasures against liquefaction of soil’, Indian Journal of Research, Volume 2, Issue 6 , June 2013.