Dr. Shilpa Popat
E-Mail : email@example.com
Phone : 0265-3020132
Dr. Shilpa Popat has a Ph.D in Education (2012), Dept of Education, Faculty of Education & Psychology, M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara. Her thesis is titled ‘Designing, Developing and Implementing a Wholistic Science Education Program at Secondary School level’
She cleared the UGC NET in Education – 2012.
Her other qualifications include:
- M.Ed. (2007), Dept of Education, Faculty of Education & Psychology, M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara. Her thesis is titled ‘A Study of Effectiveness of Micro Scale Experiments at Higher Secondary Level.’
- M.Sc. (2004), Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat
- B.Ed. (2006), Dept of Education, Faculty of Education & Psychology, M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara.
- B.Sc (2002), B. P. Baria Science Institute, Navsari; affiliated to Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat
Dr. Shilpa has eight years of experience in teaching and academic coordination at University level.She has joined Navrachana University in 2009.
Scholarship and Accomplishments
- Dr. Shilpa has played an active role in preparing and executing B.Sc. B.Ed. curriculum, designed many courses at Navrachana University, mainly, Research Methodology for various programs, Guidance and Cancelling Certificate course. She has authored one book on micro-scale experimentation in chemistry laboratory. She has delivered talks on different topics like Teaching Skills, Management of Non-Human Resources in School System, and Power of Positive Thought at different occasions. She has also conducted workshops for faculty. She has attended the State and National level workshops on research methodology.
- She has presented 25 papers in National and International Seminars.
- She has also being invited to judge the school level seminar competitions and debate competitions. She has successfully completed two projects funded by Gujarat Government.
- A paper ‘Wholistic Approach In Day To Day Teaching-Learning’ was published in ‘Researching Wholistic Education’, CASE publication, MSU, Baroda. ISBN – 13: 978-81-923486-6-7 (Research based paper). 15-12-2008.
- ‘A study of Effectiveness of Micro Scale Experiment at Higher Secondary Level’, Published in ‘Research and Development in Education’, CASE publication 2009-2010, M.S.U., Baroda. ISBN – 13: 978-81-923486-8-1
- ‘Teacher Education System: Issues and Concern’, Published in ‘Developmental Challenges and Educational Determinism’, CASE publication 2009-2010, M.S.U., Baroda. ISBN – 13: 978-81-923486-9-8
- ‘Effect of Wholistic Science Education Program in Man-making Education’, published in ‘Taxonomy of Educational Skills’, CASE publication 2011-2012, The M.S.U. Baroda. ISBN – 13: 978-93-82498-59-9
- ‘Customization of a Research Problem’, published in ‘Educational Research: Issues and Concerns’, CASE publication 2012-2013, The M.S.U. Baroda. ISBN – 13: 978-93-82498-61-2
- ‘Reflective Log: A useful Strategy for Competency Mapping’, published in ‘Teacher Competency: Mapping and Management’, CASE publication March – 2014, The M.S.U. Baroda. ISBN – 978 – 93 – 82498 – 64 – 3.
- ‘Efficacy of Innovative Learning Engagement Modes’, published in ‘Issues and Ideas in Education’, Refereed Research Journal, Chitkara University, March – 2014, ISSN – 2320-7655
- ‘Higher Education: The Quest’, published in ‘Towards Transformation of Higher Education’, Way made college of education, V V nagar, Gujarat. March – 2014, ISBN – 978-81-928342-1-4.
- A book ‘Micro Scale Experiment: A Novel Impression’, published by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing in 2013. ISBN – 978 – 3 – 659 – 32228 – 0
- ‘Interdisciplinary Courses: A Conduit to Pedagogical Practices’ published in Conference Proceedings of NAAC sponsored national level inter-disciplinary conference on Innovative Practices: Pathways to Quality Assurance and Sustenance in Higher Education, 21st & 22nd April, 2016, jointly organized by Pillai College of Education and Research & Department of Education, University of Mumbai. ISBN – 9789382626435.
2015 Awarded as Excellent Balvikas Aluminous by Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organization, India.