Dr. Darshee Baxi
E-Mail : email@example.com
Phone : +91-02653020124
Dr. Darshee Baxi holds a doctorate degree granted by The M. S. University of Baroda in the year 2011. Her area of Doctoral research work was Endocrinology with special focus on melatonin and stress in a diabetic model. She is a Gold medallist, having secured the Prof J.C.George Gold Medal for her Masters with specialization in Advanced Physiology, Reproductive Biology and Human Biology in the year 2007 from Dept of Zoology, Faculty of Science, The M.S.University of Baroda. She has also received UGC and university fellowship for conducting her Doctoral research.
She is an Assistant Professor, engaging students in Science, Science Education and Engineering programs of the School of Science and Engineering, Navrachana University. She has a teaching experience of more than eight years wherein she has served as faculty in the Dept. of Environmental Sciences, MSU and Navrachana University. She has guided many Masters and Bachelor level dissertations both at MSU and Navrachana. She has been actively involved in all the university related activities and has been one of the team members for carving a new BSc program with a unique interdisciplinary focus at Navrachana University.
- Cancer biology
- Women`s health
- Neonatal stress
- Preclinical studies with melatonin as a therapeutic.
Notable publications and Projects
She has more than 15 publications with most of them being published in Journals with good impact factor and of International repute. Some of the major publications are published in journals like Climacteric and Journal of Maternal Foetal and Neonatal Medicine. Her total impact factor is 15 with a high citation index. She has also worked on a project entitled “E Content generation for undergraduate Biochemistry students” as a Co PI, a project granted by MHRD under NMEICT scheme. Currently, she is working on a seed grant project granted by Navrachana University. Her core areas of teaching include Physiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Environmental Sciences and many more. She has also adjudged many competitions and also served as the Panel Subject expert for interviewing candidates under the Recruitment process, representing Gujarat State Tribal Development Residential Education Society.
- D. Baxi, P. K. Singh, K. Vachhrajani and A. V. Ramachandran. Melatonin supplementation in rat ameliorates ovariectomy induced oxidative stress. CLIMACTERIC 2012 doi:10.3109/13697137.2012.682108.
- D. Baxi, P. K. Singh , K. Vachhrajani and A. V. Ramachandran. Melatonin supplementation therapy as a potent alternative to ERT in ovariectomized rats. CLIMACTERIC 2011; 00:1–11. DOI: 10.3109/13697137.2011.618565.
- Darshee B. Baxi, Prem Kumar Singh, Kauresh D. Vachhrajani and Ramachandran A.V. Neonatal corticosterone programs for thrifty phenotype adult diabetic manifestations and oxidative stress: countering effect of melatonin as a deprogrammer. The Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine. doi: 10.3109/14767058.2011.648235
- Darshee B. Baxi., Prem Kumar Singh., Kauresh D. Vachhrajani and Ramachandran AV plasticity changes in adult metabolic homeostasis and tissue oxidative stress: neonatal programming by corticosterone and melatonin as deprogrammer. The Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine. 2011, 1-14, Early Online. DOI: 10.3109/14767058.2011.599456
- Darshee B. Baxi, Prem Kumar Singh, Kauresh D. Vachhrajani, A.V. Ramachandran. Diabetic glucose dyshomeostasis and dyslipidemia in estrogen deficient rats: melatonin supplementation more potent than estrogen replacement therapy in alleviating the symptoms. Diabetologia Croatica 40-1, 2011.
- Baxi, D. B., Singh, P. K., Doshi, A. A., Arya, S. Mukherjee, R. and Ramachandran A.V.* Medicago Sativa leaf extract supplementation corrects diabetes induced dyslipidemia, oxidative stress and hepatic renal functions and exerts antihyperglycaemic action as effective as Metformin. Annals of Biological Research, 2010, 1 (3) : 107-119.