Ravi did his M.Tech from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee in 2012. His thesis is titled “Process Modelling of Electrochemical Honing (ECH) with Finite Element Method”. He did his Bachelors in Engineering from Birla Vishwakarma Mahavidyalaya Engineering College, Vadodara in 2009.
He joined Navrachana University in September 2012 as an Assistant Professor.
Scholarship and Accomplishments
• Student’s Choice Best Instructor award[B.Tech Mechanical] for academic year 2015-16
• University Faculty Award for school Connect Initiative for academic year 2015-16
• Dean’s Choice Award for Academic Year 2014-2015
• Awarded Scholarship from Ministry of Human resource and Development from 2010-2012
He teaches the following subjects to the students.
• Engineering metallurgy
• Manufacturing Technology
• Non-traditional manufacturing processes
• Industrial Engineering and Operations research
• Operations and Supply Chain Management
• Quality Management
Electrochemical Honing, Electro discharge machining, Friction Stir Welding
Most Notable Publications
• Solanki, A.A. Parmar, D.A. Patel, D.P. Masani,J.D. Dabgar,V.D. &Sevak,R.V.”Study of material removal rate and tool wear rate for Electric Discharge Machining of AISI D3 Tool Steel” Proceedings of the 6th National Conference on Recent Advances in Manufacturing, ISBN: 978-93-5265-309-6, PP 201-206.
• Misra, J.P.; Jain, P.K.; & Sevak, R.” Electrochemical Honing of Spur Gears – A step towards commercialization”, DAAAM International Scientific Book 2012, VOL.11, ISBN 978-3-901509-86-5, ISSN 1726-9687, VIENNA, 2012, PP 197-212.