Dr. Sandeep Patil
E-Mail : email@example.com
Phone : +912653020168
Sandeep Patil completed his Ph.D. (Chemistry) from The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda. His thesis is titled “Physicochemical Properties of Ionic-Nonionic Surfactant Mixtures”
His other qualifications include
MSc. (Physical and Polymer Chemistry), The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
P.G. Diploma in Patents Law, NALSAR University, Hyderabad
He joined Navrachana University in April 2012 as an Assistant Professor.
Scholarship and Accomplishments
Dr. Sandeep Patil is an active researcher. He got a Young Scientist Research Grant for a project entitled, “Microemulsions with Ionic Liquids: Phase Behavior, Microstructure and Solubilization”, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India.
His research interests revolve around Phase Studies of Microemulsions, Microemulsions as Template for Synthesis of Nanomaterials, Surfactant Ion Selective Electrode and its Applications.
He has also completed three consultancy projects. Two projects were for Beiersdorf (manufacturer of Nivea Brand of Cosmetics) Hamburg, Germany, and the work involved correlation between the formation of liquid crystalline (LC) phases and the performance of specific Beiersdorf products (e.g. shower gel, shampoo, conditioner for hair etc). He was also involved in setting up of Chemistry Laboratory for Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management (IITRAM), Ahmedabad. This work also involved the preparation of a laboratory manual to be used as an aid to perform and learn Chemistry Experiments by B. Tech. Students at Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management (IITRAM).
Professor Sandeep Patil teaches Physical Chemistry to Engineering undergraduates as well as to undergraduate and post graduate students pursuing Bachelors of Science and Masters of Science, respectively. He exposes students to science fundamentals and has chosen teaching to as a way to conduct research in education. Recipient of three University Faculty Award at Navrachana University, he is greatly enthused by the teaching-learning process and is highly inspired by work of students of Navrachana University.
He has been a resource person for Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education (HBCSE-TIFR), Trombay, Mumbai. He has also contributed as a Researcher for e-content development for Chemistry Subject as per UGC model Syllabus under NME-ICT Project, MHRD, Govt. of India
Dr. Patil has published extensively peer reviewed high impact factor journals of National and International repute. To date he has fourteen international research papers and one research paper in a national journal, with a total number of 290 citations for these papers.
Most Notable Publications:
- G. Catanoui,E. Carey,S. R. Patil, S. Engelskirschen, C. Stubenrauch, Partition Coefficients of Nonionic Surfactants in Water / n-Alkane Systems, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 355, 150, 2011.
- S. R. Patil, N. Buchavzov, E. Carey, C. Stubenrauch, Binary Mixtures of β-Dodecylmaltoside (β-C12G2) with Cationic and Non-Ionic Surfactants: Micelle and Surface Compositions, Soft Matter, 4, 840 2008.
- V. Peyre, S. R. Patil , G. Durand, B. Pucci, Mixtures of Hydrogenated and Fluorinated Lactobionamide Surfactants with Cationic Surfactants: Study of Hydrogenated and Fluorinated Chains Miscibility through Potentiometric Techniques, Langmuir, 23, 11465, 2007.
- S. R. Patil , A. K. Rakshit, Membrane electrode sensitive to a Cationic Surfactant in aquo-organic media, Analytica Chimica Acta, 518, 87, 2004.
- S. R. Patil , M. Turmine, V. Peyre, G. Durand, B. Pucci, Study of β- cyclodextrin / fluorinated trimethyl ammonium bromide surfactant inclusion complex by fluorinated surfactant ion selective electrode, Talanta, 74, 72, 2007.