Dr. Nirlesh Kothari completed Fellow Program (Doctoral Program) in Management from Indian Institute Management, Ahmedabad. Before that he earned a Masters’ degree in Applied Physics from MS University, Vadodara.
He has a varied and fulfilling experience with academic and training institutions, corporate sector and developmental organizations in a variety of areas including Systems, Information Technology, Quality Management, HR, Strategy and Operations Research in the capacity of a Manager, a Consultant and a Visiting Faculty.
He has coordinated and conducted a number of short term Training Programs, Courses and Workshops on Software Engineering, SEI-CMM, e-Business, MIS and DSS, ISO 9000, Business Process Improvement, Creative Problem-Solving, etc., for several Software Companies, Private Manufacturing Organizations, Govt. Institutions, NGOs and Academic Institutions.
He has worked with some of India’s best organizations including Space Applications Center, ISRO, Ahmedabad; State Bank of India, Amedabad; and Tata Consultancy Services, Mumbai.
He had been associated with some of India’s top Management Institutes including IIM, Ahmedabad; IRMA, Anand; SPJIMR, Mumbai; TAPMI, Manipal; GIM, Goa; NIRMA Uni, Ahmedabad; and PDPU Uni, Gandhinagar as visiting faculty teaching a variety of management and related subjects .
Research and Publications
Presented following papers in IRMA’s Silver Jubilee Symposium on Governance in Development (2004): (These papers have been published as book chapters.)
- e-Governance: Gujarat Initiatives and Experience
- Role of Information System in Rural Electricity
- Governance Issues in Lift Irrigation Cooperatives
- Have prepared case studies on application of ICT in dairy industry.
- Made a presentation on “Using ICT for Healthcare – in eliminating Blood Shortage and in eradicating Corneal Blindness” at World Summit for Information Society at Geneva (2003).
- Presented a paper on “Using ICT for eliminating Blood Shortage” at the Annual Conference of International Society for Blood Transfusion at Paris (2001).
- Worked on a Computerized Decision Support System as a part of Doctoral Research at IIMA.
- Have written more than 12 papers and case studies with SBL-NUV faculty in financial management, HRM and Entrepreneurship during 2014-16.
Has worked as management and systems consultant for nearly 20 years. Main areas of interest include Corporate Strategy, Systems and Software Engineering (Planning, Project Management, and Quality Assurance), Information Technology Strategy and Quality Management. I have been associated with more than 25 organizations including firms from different industries including Software, Engineering, Projects and Processing; and several well-known NGOs.
Have taken an initiative to carry out consultancy assignments for private companies / NGOs from SBL-NUV involving other faculty members and students – have completed three assignments till date (May 2017).
Academic Initiatives at SBL-NUV
- Revamped BBA program with introduction of courses from liberal studies
- Introduced BBA-LLB program, MBA program, MSc-IT program and Doctoral (PhD) program in Management
- Worked with Provost to introduce ID courses at NUV.
- Organized several Conferences/Seminars/ Workshops during 2014-17.
- A member of Global Knowledge Partnership (GKP) based at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Was a member of a sub-committee on Financing ICT4D.
- Attended World Summit for Information Society at Geneva in Dec. 2003 as a delegate of GKP.
- Attended GKP Annual Convention at Rome, Italy in May 2003.
- Attended Annual Conference of International Society for Blood Transfusion at Paris, France in July 2001.