As a craftsman, Bharat Panchal’s primary field of interest lies in working with various materials, exploring the properties of materials, and stretching the limits of materials by exploration. Different materials, depending on their properties, demand various techniques of working with them. By knowing the properties of the materials and the appropriate techniques one can give wings to the imagination. In his career, Bharatbhai has dealt with materials such as; Ferrous & Non-Ferrous metals, Paper, Timber, Bamboo, PVC sheets, Carbon fiber, Clay, Plaster of Paris, etc. He has been creating miniature models of cars, bikes, planes, auto-rickshaw, pedal-rickshaw, and other objects of fascination using these materials. The process of creating these miniature models also gives a chance to develop skills of observation, as in most cases, these models are developed purely with the help of reference images.
He has brought his experience in to academics by helping students in their projects. Together with students he helps them in designing and creating various objects that demand working with different set of materials. He also conducts workshops and electives at various colleges in architecture and design.
In practice, he runs a workshop by the name of ‘Sarjan Crafts’ in Vadodara. Here, he takes on various professional commitments in the fields of miniature models, scientifically working models, art installations, etc.
Higher Secondary Gujarat Higher Secondary Board (March 1981)
Mr.Bharat Panchal has more than 37 Years experience in different fields,
- Currently he is working as a workshop instructor in School of Environmental Design and Architecture, Navrachana University since August 2014. He is incharge of the Workshop. He helps students in model-making with different materials such as Ferrous & Non-Ferrous metals, Timber, Paper, PVC sheets, Carbon-fiber, Fabric, Stone, Etc. to make furniture and architectural models;and guiding Interdisciplinary students in designing and making Recumbent Trike with various materials such as; Carbon Fiber, Aluminum, Timber, Mild-Steel
He has also conducted Electives with students from B.E and B.Sc fields in developing technical ideas and giving final shape to the technology.
He has also helped in installation and setting-up Exhibition and developing new machines for the workshop.
- Mr.Bharat Panchal also runs a workshop known as ‘Sarjan Crafts’ since May 2014 where he creates and supplies miniature models out of Paper, Ferrous & Non-Ferrous metals, Timber, Installations of brick masonry, Mild-Steel, Timber, Oil Paintings etc.
Industry Experience :
September 2011 – July 2013: Facility Head for Creation & Development Department, Precision Auto Ware Pvt Ltd, Ahmedabad, Gujrat, India
March 1981 – June 2011: Technical Head & Consultant, Various Industries in HVAC design and supply such as: Link Pharma Chem Ltd, Vadodara; Bader-Al Mulla & Brothers Co. WLL, Kuwait; Aircon Engineers, Ahmedabad; Batliboy & Co Ltd, Surat; Blue Star, Ahmedabad; Voltas, Ahmedabad; Utility Engineers, Ahmedabad.
Workshops/Electives Conducted :
- Model-making Workshop, Winter School, CEPT University, Ahmedabad: Conducted a week-long workshop in model-making with various materials for Winter School students. The aim of the workshop was to develop skills of the students in materials such as; Timber, Ferrous & Non-Ferrous Metals, MDF, Wax, Clay, POP, Etc. (February 2017)
- Model-making Demonstration, Architecture students, ITM University, Halol: A day-long demonstration to architecture students in using Paper as model-making material. (September 2016)
- Certificate of Excellence: Dean’s Choice Award, Year 2015, School of Environmental Design & Architecture, Navrachana University, Vadodara