Anasuya Mishra completed her PhD in Chemistry from IIT Guwahati. Her thesis is titled “Photophysics of a Few Bichromophoric Organic Molecules in Homogeneous and Microheterogeneous Environments”. She did her Masters in Science from Utkal University, Odisha
She joined Navrachana University in August 2016 as an Assistant Professor.
Honors and Awards
Qualified 2008 GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), MHRD, India
Selected for UK-India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI) fellowship (worked at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceutical, Dartford, United Kingdom)
Qualified UGC LS NET Examination (2006)
Teaching and Research
Dr. Anasuya Mishra’s research interest involves synthesis of some fluorescence active molecules, characterisation by various techniques and the photophysical studies mainly based on absorption and fluorescence.
Dr. Mishra has published extensively peer reviewed high impact factor journals of International repute. To date she has 11 international research papers and six conference proceedings with a total number of 102 citations for these papers.
Dr. Mishra teaches Inorganic Chemistry to undergraduates and spectroscopy to post graduate students.
- N. Singhal, A. Mishra and A. Datta, Excited state proton transfer and conformational relaxation of 4PBI in nafion films, Chemphyschem. 2016, 17, 3004-3009.
- A. Mishra, A. Malakar, H. T. Biswal, M. K. Barman and G. Krishnamoorthy, Interactions of a few azole derivatives with a transport protein: role of heteroatoms, J. Mol. Recognit., 2015, 28, 299-305.
- A. Mishra, S. Sahu, N. Dash, S. K. Behera and G. Krishnamoorthy, Double proton transfer induced twisted intramolecular charge transfer emission in 2-(4′-N,N-dimethylaminophenyl)imidazo[4,5-b]pyridine, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2013, 117, 9469−9477.
- A. Mishra and G. Krishnamoothy, Photophysical study of 2-(4′-N,N-dimethylaminophenyl)oxazolo[4,5-b]pyridine in different solvents and at various pH, Photochem. Photobiol. Sci., 2012, 11, 1356−1367.
- F. A. S. Chipem, A. Mishra and G Krishnamoorthy, The role of hydrogen bonding in excited state intramolecular charge transfer, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2012, 14, 8775–8790.
- A. Mishra, A. Srivastava and G. Krishnamoorthy, Effect of solvents and pH on the Spectral characteristics of trans-2-[4′-(dimethylamino)styryl]benzimidazole. Conference on Photochemistry & Luminescence (CPL 2012).
- A. Mishra and G. Krishnamoorthy, Spectral characteristic of trans-2-(4′-N,N-dimethylaminostyryl)imidazo[4,5-b]pyridine. Chemical Research Society of India - Royal Society of Chemistry (CRSI-RSC-2011).
- A. Mishra, F. A. S. Chipem, A. Thangamani, S. Chatterjee and G. Krishnamoorthy, Spectral characteristics and photochemistry of trans-2-[4′-(dimethylamino)styryl]benzothiazole: A combined theoretical and experimental study. International Conference on Recent Frontiers in Applied Spectroscopy (ICORFAS-2010)