Dr. Hitesh Bhatia completed his Ph.D in Business Economics (2014), Dept of Business Economics, Faculty of Commerce, M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara. His thesis is titled "Social Security in India with Reference to Fiscal Sustainability and Ageing" which focused on several important issues from the field of Public Finance and Demography.
M.Com in Business Economics (2001) Dept of Business Economics, Faculty of Commerce, M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara.
Post Graduate Diploma in EXIM Management (2002) Indian Institute of Export, Baroda.
Dr. Hitesh Bhatia has over 16 Years of experience in teaching and academic coordination.
He has worked with The M.S. University of Baroda, ICFAI University, and is currently associated with Navrachana University, Vadodara.
Dr. Bhatia has successfully executed several tasks including designing and launching various Academic Programs like BBA, BBA-LLB, B.Com and MBA.
He has directed several Regional and National level Seminars, Workshops and Conferences.
In past, he has been associated as an expert faculty with several institutions like IGNOU, The M.S.University of Baroda, Narmada College, Bharuch, Institute of Charted Accountant of India (ICAI), Baroda Chapter and Baroda High School (Alkapuri).
Research and Publication
In 2015, Dr. Hitesh Bhatia authored a book titled "Introduction to Social Security with Special Reference to India" Published by Mangalam Publishers, New Delhi. The book is available on Flipkart and Amazon.in.
Dr. Hitesh Bhatia has authored over 50 research papers and articles which are published in various National and International journals and edited books.
Dr. Hitesh Bhatia was a Co-Investigator on a Consultancy project on CSR Review and Formulation Study at Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd March, 2015.
Areas of Interest
Managerial Economics , Macro Economics , International Economics/Business , Indian Economy and Business Environment
2015, Designed and Conducted a Symposium on "Industry-Academia Partnership" at School of Business and Law, Navrachana University, Baroda, December, 5.
2015, Designed and Coordinated first National Conference on "Innovating for Development and Sustainability" at Navrachana University, Baroda October, 30-31.
2014, Coordinated "Re-Inventing Higher Education Summit" for Navrachana University at National Education Summit, Gandhinagar, organized by Government of Gujarat, January, 10-11.
2013, Designed and Coordinated a Joint Conference on "Partners in Growth for new Business Ventures" by Navrachana University in Association with ICAI (Institute of Charted Accountants of India) Vadodara, November, 29-30.
Awards and Recognitions
2016, Best University Employee Initiator Award, Navrachana Univeristy, 2015-16
2016, Awarded Best Faculty, School of Business and Law, Navrachana University, 2015-16
2015, Awarded Best University Employee, Navrachana University, 2014-15
2014, Awarded Best University Employee, Navrachana University, 2013-14
2009, Awarded with Best Faculty Guide Award, ICFAI National College, Vadodara.
2008, Awarded with Best Faculty Guide Award, ICFAI National College, Vadodara
2007, Awarded Best Paper of the Conference for Human Development Goals Gujarat 2020 (Jointly with Dr Jayant Kumar) in the 37th Gujarat Economic Conference, Received a cash prize and certificate from Prof Y.K. Alagh, (former deputy chairman, Planning Commission and President, Gujarat Economic Association)
2016, Coordinator, Summer Internships and Placements, School of Business and Law.
2016, Member, Samhit, CSR conference, School of Business and Law
2015, Member, core committee on preparations for UGC inspection at NUV and also
Represented SBL during the inspection.
2014 onwards, Convener, Academic Committee, Navrachana University
2014, Coordinated, Bar Council of India (BCI) inspection for the approval of Five Year
Integrated BBA-LLB Program
2014-15, BBA-LLB and MBA Program Coordinator, School of Business and Law
2014, Convener, New Education Initiatives, Navrachana University
2014, Member, Education Banyan Tree, Library Committee, Seed Grant Committee etc.
2013-15, New Faculty Recruitment, School of Business and Law
2013-14, Convener, Samvad-Public Lecture Series, Navrachana University
2013, Authored and Developed, Information Booklet, Navrachana University
2013-15, BBA Program Coordinator, Navrachana University
2012 onwards, in charge – Admissions, School of Business and Law
List of Publication (Selected)
- Bhatia Hitesh (2016) Decoding the Structure of Indias Union Budget Journal of Commerce and Accounting Research, Publishing India Group, New Delhi, Volume 5- Issue 1, January, 2016.
- Kumar,Jayant and Hitesh Bhatia (2015) Rush to Expenditure and Financial Ethics, Global Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies, Vol – 4, Issue – 4, March 2015.
- Bhatia Hitesh and Nikita Mehta (2015) Public Expenditure in Education- A Critical Observation, in Contemporary Research in Education edited by Asha J.V and Naseerali M.K, NAS Publishers, Kerala, May 2015.
- Bhatia Hitesh (2014) Evolution of Social Security: A Historical Perspective, Anvesak, Sardar Patel Institute of Economic and Social Research (SPIESR) Ahmadabad, Vol.44, No.1 January-June 2014.
- Kumar, Jayant and Hitesh Bhatia (2014) A Review of Rural Health Care System in Gujarat, Arthshastra, Indian Journal of Economics & Research, Delhi, Vol 3, Issue 6, November-December 2014.
- Bhatia Hitesh (2014) Introduction to the Theory of Public Expenditure International Journal of Interdisciplinary Research (IJIDR), Eduved, Vol. 01 Issue 05 Aug 2014.
- Bhatia Hitesh (2012) Ageing: - Some Conceptual Issues, International journal of Development and Social Research, Vol. No. III, Issue No. I, Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar June, 2012.
- Kumar, Jayant and Hitesh Bhatia (2012) The Dichotomy of Informal V/s Unorganized Sector, Drishtikon:- A Management Journal, Symbiosis Centre for Management and HRD, Pune, Vol 3, Issue 2. June, 2012
- Bhatia Hitesh (2012) Opportunities for young Indian Entrepreneurs in Ageing Economies, Journal of Entrepreneurship & Management, Publishing India Group, Vol 1, Issue 1 February, 2012.
- Bhatia Hitesh (2012) Social Insurance: - A Historical Perspective, In Denis, Litty et al Emerging Role of Financial Services, Insurance and Banking, (1st ed), Mungalam Publishers, New Delhi (pp 346-367) September, 2012.
- Kumar Jayant and Hitesh Bhatia (2012), Poverty Led Unorganized Sector in India, In Chaudhary, S.K, Sudhansu Nayak and Rajib Panigrahy (eds) Micro Finance and Rural Women Entrepreneurship in India (1st ed), SSDN Publishers, New Delhi (pp186-197). January, 2012
- Kumar Jayant and Hitesh Bhatia (2011) Planet and the Little Fingers: Global Competitiveness in BRIC & Canadian Context. In Parimal Vyas (ed), Global Business Perspectives & Dimensions India and Canada, (1st ed) Mangalam Publications, New Delhi (pp 295-310) July, 2011.
- Kumar Jayant and Hitesh Bhatia (2011), Economic Growth in India:- A Contemporary Analysis, Eco Growth and Stability in the Post Reform Period: Indian Experience, (eds) Rao A.S, P.R.Joshi, Centre for Research in Planning & Development, Faculty of Arts, The M.S. University of Baroda, India July, (pp 124-130) 2011.
- Bhatia Hitesh (2010), Demographic Challenges and Business Opportunities in Ageing Economies, ICFAI Reader, ICFAI University Press. January 2010,
- Bhatia Hitesh (2010), MICE Tourism - Opportunities & Challenges for India, Marketing Mastermind, ICFAI University Press. February 2010,
- Bhatia Hitesh (2010), New Pension Scheme: - A New Deal for Social Security, Portfolio Organizer, ICFAI University Press. August 2009,
- Kumar, Jayant and Hitesh Bhatia (2009), E-BANKING - Some Economic Implications, E-Business, ICFAI University Press January 2009,
- Kumar, Jayant and Hitesh Bhatia (2009), Planet and the Little Fingers: Global Competitiveness of BRIC Nations and Canada, ICFAI Reader, ICFAI University Press December 2009