She completed her Ph.D in Botany from The Maharaja Sayaji Rao University of Baroda. Her thesis is titled “Studies on chemotaxonomy, biomarkers and bioprospecting of members of Myrtales and allied taxa.”
She did her B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Botany from The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda.
For two years (2007 -2009), she worked as a Lecturer in Pharmacognosy in Babaria Institute of Pharmacy, Vadodara . She joined Navrachana University from June 2009.
Teaching and Accomplishments
Dr. Elizabeth Robin joined Navrachana University in June 2009. She has her expertise in Pharmacognosy, Phytochemistry and Taxonomy of Medicinal Plants. She has a teaching experience of nine years. She has given an insight of the strategies in plant kingdom in which the different plant groups evolved over time and their struggle for survival by developing new and better characters. She also teaches ‘Herbal Cosmetics’ as an applied field in Botany. She was also a Co-Investigator in a project named E-Content for Under Graduate students in Biochemistry, NME ICT, MHRD, India. She has been actively involved in all the university related activities and has been one of the team members for forming a new B.Sc program with a unique interdisciplinary focus at Navrachana University. She has served as the Subject expert for interviewing candidates under the Recruitment process, representing Gujarat State Tribal Development Residential Education Society. She has published 5 articles in peer-reviewed journals and 1 article in 1 international journal. She was also awarded the Best Award for the Paper titled ‘Assessment of Dietary Habits, Lifestyle, and Stress Aspects of University Students’ in National Conference on Innovating for Development and Sustainability in 30-31 October, 2015.
Most Notable Publications
1. Mammen Elizabeth, Susy Albert, M. Daniel (2005), ‘Chemotaxonomic studies on some members of the Lythraceae’, BioSci. Reptr. 3(2): 194- 196
2. Mammen Elizabeth, Susy Albert, M. Daniel( 2007), ‘Chemical and Pharmacognostic characters of Lagerstroemia flos reginae and Woodfordia floribunda.’ In Herbal Technology: Recent Trends and Progress (M.Daniel Ed.) Scientific Publishers, Jodhpur, 2007. pp. 93 -100
3. Mammen Elizabeth, Susy Albert, M. Daniel (2007), ‘ Studies on the biomarkers of Ammania baccifera Linn. and Lawsonia inermis Linn.’ In Herbal Technology: Recent Trends and Progress (M.Daniel Ed.) Scientific Publishers, Jodhpur, 2007. pp.129- 136
4. Mammen Elizabeth, M. Daniel (2010), ‘Chemotaxonomical studies on some members of the Rhizophoraceae’ , International Journal of Bioscience Reporter, Current Bio Sciences Association, 8(1): 27 – 29
5. Mammen Elizabeth, M. Daniel (2010), Chemotaxonomical studies on some members of the Myrtaceae, International Journal of Bioscience Reporter, Current Bio Sciences Association, 8(1): 95 – 98.
6. M. Daniel, Elizabeth Robin, (2010) Phytochemical and pharmacognostic studies on the bark and leaves of Barringtonia acutangula Gaertn, International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences, 2(1): 128-133