Dr. Anitha Thomas
E-Mail : email@example.com
Phone : +919327021347
Dr. Anitha Thomas has done her PhD from the National Institute of Technology, Durgapur. She did her Masters in Philosophy from the University of Rajasthan and her MBA from Indira Gandhi National Open University.
Research Areas and Descriptors
Her research areas include Employee Engagement, Employer Branding, Psychological Contract, Job retention, Organizational Health, Competency Mapping, and Organization Development.
She joined Navrachana University in June 2013 as an Assistant Professor
Dr. Thomas’s research interests are in the intangible aspects of Employment Relations which focuses on managing relationships in the workplace to keep the business functioning smoothly, avoid problems and make sure employees are performing at their best.
Dr. Thomas has a strong passion for understanding perceptions and views that get generated in employment relations. These views exhibit work environment and this subsequently leads in building an organization culture.
Dr. Thomas led most of her research in the area of employment relation processes and while exploring the elements she encountered a phenomena “Psychological Distance”. Extending this exploration she is currently applying this in an organization setting. Besides this she is also working on Job Engagement and Leadership for Sustainable growth.
Scholarship and Accomplishments
- Certified in Performance and Competency Developer.
- Best Faculty Award – SBL NUV 2014
- Faculty Counselor at Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprise- Silvassa
- Member of Indian Society for Applied Behavioural Sciences
- Member of Indian Society for Training and Development
- Case in Competency: Training Need assessment, SCMS Journal of Indian Management, Vol VII, No.2 April-June 2010 (Lead Article)
- Psychological Contract and its relevance in Fast-Food Industry, Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies Vol. 3, No. 6, pp. 337-344, Dec 2011 (7 citation …)
- Thinking out of the Box: A case study of a Transformational Leader, Atharva, Journal of Management Research. (Vol.3 No.3) September-December 2011 IS S N 2231-4350
- Employer Branding: A- Star Ltd an Employer of Choice, Vishwakarma Business Review, Vol. 2 issue1, January 2012
- Impact of Decision Making Style and Life Orientation on Retention Decision of an Employee at MSME, Rai Management Journal, Vol. 9 issue 2, December 2012
- Mexus: Adding Strategic Perspective to Education and Training, Journal of Strategic Human Resource Management, Volume 2, issue 2, 2013,
- Examining OCTAPACE Culture in Banking Sector and its Impact on Organizational Effectiveness, VNSGU, Journal of Management and Administration, Vol:4, No.1, January-June 2012,, pg. 21-31 ISSN: 09756361
- Emotional Labor: A Cultural and Social Perspective of understanding Performance Effectiveness International Journal of Research and Scientific Innovation(IJRSI)SSN: 2320 –5520
- OCTAPACE the work values and Psychological Contract: An Investigation in a Hotel Business, Quest, Journal of Management and Research, Volume IV, issue-1, December 2013, ISSN-0976-3317
- Psychological Distance: Implicit phenomena between Connect and Disconnect, International Journal of Research and Scientific Innovation(IJRSI)Volume I Issue VII ,ISSN: 2321 –2705
- Measuring Work Engagement and Organizational Commitment through Organizational Citizenship Behaviour, Quest-Journal of Management and Research, August 2015
- Emotional labour of the nurses: an empirical study in the private hospital of Ahmadabad, Quest-Journal of Management and Research, December 2015
- Rethinking Organizational Effectiveness: Creating a link between Psychological Contract, Work Consciousness and Emotional Labou, Atharva journal of Management Research,Vol 8, No.1, Januvary 2016