Ms. Valli Pillai holds M.Phil degree from Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamil Nadu and a Masters in Education degree from M S University of Baroda in Gujarat. She has registered herself for PhD education in The Maharaja Sayaji Rao University of Baroda.
Ms. Valli has been teaching at Navrachana University since 2011. She has successfully completed the national eligibility test in 2007. She has directed 18 MEd dissertations.
Scholarships and Accomplishments
Ms. Valli Pillai’s specialization is in Educational Psychology and English Language. She is involved in the curriculum development and in the management of BEd education. She has prepared new courses for interdisciplinary electives and liberal arts electives for B.Tech and BBA programs.
Ms Pillai is a recipient of NUV Dean’s Choice award in 2015 and Dean’s Appreciation Award in 2014 and 2016 conducted in Navrachana University. She has served as external examiner for M.S University M.Ed (2013-14) theory papers. She served on Navrachana International School, Vadodara School Management Committee. She is also a life member of the Association for English Teachers in India.
Most Notable Publications
Valli,B.‘Understanding and developing the learner’ (co authored) – a textbook for B.Ed students of SNDT university , Varishen publications, Ahemedabad,2010.
Peer reviewed journals - national and international
Valli,B.‘ “Communication Skills: a life skill embodied in Education” in CASE publication on "Quality Concerns in Education"'2006.
National Seminar/Symposium/ Workshops
- Valli,B.‘ "Teaching English through English" published in Navrachana college of Education Monograph “Understanding by Design”,2008.
- Valli,B.‘ “Mathetics in Social science education" published in Navrachana college of Education Monograph NCF 2005-Strategies for Implementation,2009.
- Valli,B. (co- authored) ‘Online Tutorial in the Educational Landscape’ published in ‘Educational Research’ edited by Patel,R.C. and Mistry,H.S. published by APH publishing Corporation , New Delhi,2012.
Conference Presentations – National and International
- Valli,B. "Teaching English through English" in National Seminar organized by Navrachana college of Education on Understanding By Design , 21st & 22nd November, 2005.
- Valli,B. "Mid-day meal scheme in the enhancement of retention in schools" in National Seminar on Effective Management of Primary education organized by Department of Educational Administration, MSU, 10th & 11th March, 2006.
- Valli,B. "Slow learners - Sensitizing student teachers" in National Seminar on Developmental Challenges Of Special Children And Technological Determinism, CASE, M.S.U, 23rd &24th December, 2006.
Research proposals not funded
- Valli,B. (co-authored) “Effectiveness of ICT program at B. Ed level 2004-2005” Evaluative project at B. Ed level in Navrachana College of Education. Sama.
- Valli,B. (co-authored) “Effectiveness of 50 minutes period in Navrachana School Baroda”2005-2006, Navrachana College of Education, Sama.
- Valli,B. (co-authored) “A study of the Instructional practices in the schools of Baroda” Institutional project 2006-07.
- Had been appointed thrice (2006, 2009 and 2010) as the examiner for supervising final practice lessons of B.Ed students of IGNOU.
- Had been assigned as Paper Evaluator of English (HL) for X th Board Examination conducted by GHSSB in the year 2004.
- Had been assigned as Paper Evaluator of English for S.N.D.T Final examination papers in the year 2010.
- Ms. Valli Pillai, external examiner , MSU, was invited to prepare and evaluate a elective paper of M.Ed programme of MSU named EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT.
Educational Programs Conducted (eg. Workshops)
- Valli,B Team member of the workshop on ‘Constructivism’ for school teachers of Navrachana International School, Baroda, 2006 (Similar seminars have been done by her for teachers of Ambe Vidyalaya, Navrachana Vidhyani Vidhyalaya, M.G.M. School).
- Valli,B. Team member of the workshop on ‘Active learning’ for school teachers of M.G.M School, Baroda, 2007.
- Valli,B. Team member of the workshop on ‘Stimulating Thinking’ for school teachers of Shaishav School, Baroda, 2008.
Educational Programs Designed
Valli,B. Prepared a learning module on group dynamics for fulfilling the second objective of institutional research.