Fuzzy systems, Partial differential equations, Optimization problems, Optimal control.
Dr. Pirzada completed her Ph. D (Applied Mathematics) from The Maharaja Sayaji Rao University of Baroda, Gujarat, 2013. Her thesis is titled “Nonlinear Fuzzy Optimization Problems and their Applications”.She did her M Sc (Applied Mathematics) also from MSU, Baroda.
Academic and Research Experience
- Postdoctoral Fellow of National Board of Higher Mathematics (NBHM), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India at Department of Applied Mathematics, The M. S. University of Baroda from January, 2014 to June 2016.
- Teaching Assistant in the Department of Applied Mathematics, The M. S. University of Baroda from July 2002 to December, 2013.
Scholarship and Accomplishments
Dr. Umme Salma Pirzada has received prestigious three years Post Doctoral Fellowship award from National Board of Higher Mathematics (NBHM), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India in the year 2013.She has published around ten research articles in peer-reviewed journals and three articles in the proceedings of international conferences. She has given several talks, presented research articles and attended many national/ international workshops and conferences.She teaches Mathematics to BTech students in Navrachna University.During her time as a faculty in M. S. University Of Baroda, she taught variety of subjects in undergraduate as well as postgraduate classes of Engineering.She also taught in various MSc. courses like Applied Mathematics, Industrial Mathematics, Financial Mathematics and Bioinformatics. She was also conducting practical for many courses based on Java, C, Matlab programming and Computer fundamentals. She has guided several M. Sc. (Applied Mathematics) dissertation and seminar students.
- Pirzada, U. M. and Vakaskar, D. C. (2016). On heat equation and its comparative solutions. International Journal of Advances in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics 3(4) 135-141
- Pirzada, U. M. and Vakaskar, D. C. (2015). Solution of fuzzy heat equations using Adomian Decomposition method. International Journal of Advances in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics 3(1) 87 – 91
- Pirzada, U. M. and Pathak, V. D. (2013). Newton Method for Solving Multi-variable Fuzzy Optimization Problem, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications; Springer, 156 867 - 881; DOI: 10.1007/s10957-012-0141-3
- Pathak, V. D. and Pirzada, U. M. (2013). Necessary and Sufficient Optimality Conditions for Nonlinear Unconstrained Fuzzy Optimization Problem, Journal of Indian Mathematical Society, 80 141 – 155.
- Pathak, V. D. and Pirzada, U. M. (2011). Necessary and Sufficient Optimality Conditions for Nonlinear Fuzzy Optimization Problem, International Journal of Mathematical Science Education, 4(1) 1-16.
- Pathak, V. D. and Pirzada, U. M. (2011). First and Second-order Optimality Conditions for L-Fuzzy Optimization Problems, Advanced Modeling and Optimization, 13 (1) 77-88.
- Pathak, V. D. and Pirzada, U. M. (2010). The Optimality Conditions for Fuzzy Optimization Problem under the concept of Generalized Convexity, Advances in Applied Mathematical Analysis, 5 (1) 23-38.
- U. M. Pirzada and D. C. Vakaskar, Solution of fuzzy heat equation under fuzzified thermal diffusivity. International Conference on the occasion of Silver Jubilee of Indian Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ISIAM). Will be published in Springer proceedings, (2016).
- J. P. Sharma, B. S. Ratanpal, U. M. Pirzada, V. S. Shah, A. B. Chavada, N. B. Dave, Study of Effect of Perturbation Due to Oblateness of The Earth on Satellites, 19th Annual Cum 4th International Conference of Gwalior Academy of Mathematical Sciences (GAMS) on “Advances in Mathematical Modeling to Real World Problems” (2014), 338 – 343.
- V. D. Pathak and U. M. Pirzada, The Optimality Conditions for Single variable Fuzzy-valued functions, International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications, 2007, IEEE Computer Society, Volume 2, (2007), 357-363.