- This program has an excellent mix of academic training, hands on experience with the industry and dynamic practical exposure.
- It offers inter disciplinary courses in Journalism, Sociology & Psychology which gives them a wide range of career opportunities and placements.
- Students will acquire a handy knowledge of the fundamental principles and recent emerging trends of media, psychology and society.
- Students will develop communication skills, appreciation for creativity, critical thinking and analytical approach.
- Students will be equipped to conceptualize, create, design, and produce media content for Advertising, PR, Print, TV, Radio, Films and various digital platforms like Social media, Mobile etc.
- Graduates are equipped with adequate knowledge to pursue Master’s Program in sociology, psychology and mass communication.
- To encourage critical thinking, research aptitude, ethics and social responsibility among the students.
- Familiarize students with writing for Media, Advertising, PR, Event Management, Video Editing and Film Direction.
- To equip students with the knowledge and essential skills required for working in various media organizations as content and copy writers, social media managers, Film makers& content creators.
- Duration – 3 Years/Six Semesters- 144 credits
- Internships: In fifth and sixth semester over a period of 6- 8 weeks each
- Teaching by Expert Faculty and Industry Experts
- Intense practical in the field of Advertising, PR, Television, Photojournalism, Print Media, Documentary, MOJO, and film production.
- Choice-based interdisciplinary electives
- Assistance in Campus Placement
- Social connect through Project KHOJ
- Foreign language courses such as German, French and Spanish
- Field work / Projects and Continuous Assessment
- Software Exposure- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In design, Premiere Pro
- Outreach programs, Industry visits, and Media Visits and CSR activities.
- Full-fledged and advanced recording studio for practical exposure
|Semester – I|
|1||Introduction To Communication & Journalism||4|
|2||Reporting & Editing||4|
|3||Introduction to Sociology||4|
|4||English language – An introduction||3|
|5||Opt. Language- FRENCH /GERMAN||3|
|6||Introduction to English literature||3|
|Semester – II|
|1||Adverting and PR||4|
|2||Sociology of India||4|
|5||English / MIL||3|
|Semester – III|
|4||Audio Visual Communication||4|
|8||Elective: Foreign language/Theatre & performing arts||3|
|Semester – IV|
|2||Religion and society||4|
|8||personality development and leadership skills||2|
|Semester – V|
|3||Polity and society in India||4|
|4||Economy and society||3|
|Semester – VI|
|2||Methods of Sociological Enquiry||4|
|4||Documentary Film Making||4|
|5||Society through the visual||3|
|6||Dissertation/ Project Work||5|