Navrachana University was established through the Gujarat Private Universities Act, 2009 with the intent to offer superior education that befits the high educational standards of the Navrachana Educational Society in Vadodara. The University has embarked on a new educational paradigm that lays simultaneous emphasis on disciplinary education, inter-disciplinary education, professional education and general education.
Journalism & Mass Communication Faculty, School of Liberal Studies & Education
A liberal arts education prepares students to examine ideas from multiple points of view, solve problems, adapt and collaborate. By combining multiple disciplines of study, school of liberal arts expose students to a wide range of subjects. This will encourage them to think outside a narrow focus and contribute to original solutions – all skills that are highly valued by top employers.
Bachelor of Arts
- Journalism & Mass Communication (BA JMC)
Bachelor of Arts ( Journalism and Mass Communication)
Journalism and Mass Communication program focuses on providing skill based training for the aspiring students of media. This program has an excellent mix of academic training, hands on experience with the industry and dynamic practical exposure. It offers inter disciplinary courses which give them a wide range of career opportunities and placements.
- Students will acquire handy knowledge of the fundamental principles and recent emerging trends of the media industry.
- Students will develop communication skills, appreciation for creativity, critical thinking and analytical approach.
- Students will be equipped to conceptualize, create, design, and produce media content for Advertising, PR, Print, TV, Radio, Films and various digital platforms like Social media, Mobile etc.
- Graduates are equipped with adequate knowledge to pursue Master’s Program in Advertisement and PR, Mass communication, Film Studies & Electronic Media.
- Familiarize students with Writing for Media, Advertising, Public Relations, Event Management, Video Editing and Film Direction
- To equip students with the knowledge and essential skills required for working in various media organizations as content and copy writers, social media managers, Film makers & content creators
- To encourage critical thinking, research aptitude, ethics and social responsibility related to media in the students.
- Duration – 3 Years/Six Semesters- 144 credits
- Internships: In fifth and sixth semester over a period of 6 to 8 weeks each
- Teaching by Expert Faculty and Industry Experts
- Intense practicals in the field of Advertising and PR, Television, Photo Journalism, Print Media, Documentary and Film Production
- Choice-based inter-disciplinary electives
- Extensive assistance in Campus Placement
- Social connect through Project KHOJ
- Foreign language courses such as German, French and Spanish
- Field work / Projects and Continuous Assessment
- Software Exposure- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In design, Premiere Pro
- Outreach programs, Industry visits, and Media Visits and CSR activities.
- Full-fledged and advanced recording studio for practical exposure
- Subject assignments to stimulate the thought process
Eligibility: HSC or equivalent in any stream with minimum 45%
Admission Process: Aptitude test and personal interview to assess potential, area/s of interest, confidence, presence of mind and long-term goals
|Semester – I|
|1||Introduction To Communication|
|2||Reporting & Editing|
|3||Introduction to Journalism|
|4||Studio: Computer fundamentals & Software training|
|5||Contemporary issues in media|
|6||Language / Additional English|
|Semester – II|
|2||Public relations and corporate communication|
|4||Theories of communication|
|5||Contemporary issues in media|
|7||Language/ Additional English|
|Semester – III|
|1||Introduction to Audio|
|2||Introduction to Visual media|
|6||Contemporary issues in media|
|8||Elective||Foreign language OR Theatre performing arts|
|Semester – IV|
|2||Media law and ethics|
|4||Video Production Techniques|
|8||Elective(Any1)||personality development and leadership skills|
|Semester – V|
|2||Research methodology in media related subjects|
|AD/ PR/ CC|
|6||Elective (IS)* UGC/MOOC Swayam course|
|Semester – VI|
|4||Elective ( Any 1)||Film making or Event management|
|6||Capstone Project: Dissertation|
*UE: University Exam; CIA: Continous Internal Assessmen; DSE: Department specific Elective; ID: Interdisciplinary elective; IS: Independent studies