It is a full-time, three year innovative undergraduate degree program designed to provide students, an intensive experience in field of management education. Students are taught basic concepts and theories of management which help in developing their managerial and decision making skills.
In addition to the regular management courses the NUV-BBA program offers variety of interdisciplinary courses on Communication, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, General Science, Critical Reasoning and Business Ethics. Students are also encouraged to participate in business and management symposia and competitions.
The program is designed with an objective of producing business executives, managers and entrepreneurs with adequate theoretical and practical expertise for taking challenging tasks in industry and their own ventures. The program also focuses on developing right kind of values, ethics and attitude required for being a socially responsive citizen.
- 6 Semesters
- 40 Courses – 146 credits
- Contact Hours: 5 x 5 (25 Hours per week)
- Class size: 50 to 60
- Inter-disciplinary approach with electives from different disciplines
- Social Immersion Project and Corporate Internship
- Business Research Project
- Placement Assistance
- Electives in the field of: 1)Marketing 2)Finance 3)OB and HRM
- Extra-mural activities to encourage students’ interest in the field of technology, arts and culture
- Well-structured classroom sessions, and personal interaction with faculty
- Short case studies and problem solving exercises
- Programmed self-learning and group learning
- Project work as application of concepts to real life situations
- Interaction with business leaders though Workshops and talks by Experts.
- Experiential learning through visits and interaction at selected business units.
Industry Connect – Students are exposed to industry and market through regular live projects, guest lectures, industrial visits and internships.
Social Connect – Managers today have a larger responsibility towards society. Students at NUV-BBA Program are required to undergo one month full-time social internship with an NGO or CSR department of a company. This helps in making students sensitive towards various socio-developmental issues.
Summer Internship and Research Project – Each student has to undergo two credit-based, on- the-job internships: one of four weeks at the end of 1st year and another of eight weeks at the end of 2nd year. A semester-long research-based project (during the 6th semester) under the guidance of a domain expert is an integral part of their degree program.
Both summer internship and research project provide an opportunity to the students to build a healthy and positive relationship with the corporate world and specifically with a prospective employer to pave the way for future placement.
Over the years, students of NUV-BBA have excelled in academics by getting placed in reputed higher education institutes for their masters program, starting their own business ventures or prolifically joining their family business.
|1||07 JUNE 2019|
|2||28 JUNE 2019|
|3||05 JULY 2019|
Eligibility and Selection Process:
Higher Secondary School Certification or equivalent in any stream with minimum 50% .
- An additional 5% relaxation for candidates under the following conditions:
– State or National Level Sports Player (for last one academic year)- Belongs to SC/ST category
- Candidates with one subject compartment in HSC will be given provisional admission subject to passing the qualifying exam and meeting NUV admission criteria.
- In addition, Conduct Certificate and School leaving certificates are mandatory.
- Selection of the candidates for admission to the Program is through a Written Aptitude Test (WAT) and Personal Interview.
- Final admission will be subject to the merit list prepared based on scores of WAT and PI.
|Semester – I|
|4||Marketing Management- 1||3|
|5||IT in Management||3|
|8||Written Analysis Communication||2|
|Semester – II|
|1||Principles of Management||3|
|3||Financial Management – 1||3|
|5||Quantitative Techniques – 1||3|
|8||Managerial Oral Communication||2|
|10||Social Immersion Project||2|
|Semester – III|
|3||Financial Management – 2||3|
|4||Quantitative Techniques – 2||3|
|6||Business & Economic Environment||3|
|Semester – IV|
|3||Production & Operations Mgmt||4|
|4||International Trade and Business||4|
|8||GD and PI Skills||2|
|Semester – V|
|1||Business Research Methods||3|
|2||Supply Chain Management||3|
|3||Project (Khoj, Inter-Disciplinary)||3|
|–||Electives – Any 5
|Semester – VI|
|2||Business Ethics and CSR||3|
|3||Business Research Project||3|
|–||Electives – Any 5