BBA-LLB is a 5-Year Integrated degree program designed with an objective of providing students a thorough knowledge in the field of management education and law. The program offers specialization in corporate law, banking law, intellectual property rights, environmental laws and labor laws leading to a lucrative career in practicing law as an advocate or as a legal advisor. The program is duly approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and has been designed as per their guidelines. In addition to the regular Management and Law courses, the BBA-LLB program at NUV offers various compulsory and elective courses in the field of communication and liberal education. The focus of the program is to widen students’ knowledge through connecting Business Theory and Law to practice and making it relevant to their overall career objective.
The program is conducted through a mix of teaching methods to ensure effective learning among the participants. Pedagogy includes:
- Well-structured classroom sessions, and personal interaction with faculty
- Short case studies and problem solving exercises
- Programmed self-learning and group learning
- Project work as application of concepts to real life situations
- Interaction with business leaders through Workshops and talks by Experts.
- Experiential learning through visits and interaction at selected business units.
Industry Connect – Students are exposed to industry and market through regular live projects, guest lectures, industrial visits and internships.
Social Connect – Managers today have a larger responsibility towards society. Students at NUV-BBA-LLB Program are required to undergo one month full-time social internship with an NGO or CSR department of a company. This helps in making students sensitive towards various socio-developmental issues.
- At the end of 1st year-4 weeks with an NGO or CSR department of a company
- At the end of 2nd year-8 weeks with a medium to large size company
- During 3rd year-4 weeks with a Law Firm practicing at local courts
- During 4th year-4 weeks with a Law Firm practicing at High Court
- During 5th year-4 weeks at Supreme Court or National Tribunal
|1||28 JUNE 2019|
|2||05 JULY 2019|
Eligibility and Selection Process:
- Higher Secondary School Certification or equivalent in any stream with minimum 45%
- An additional 5% relaxation for candidates under the following conditions :
– State or National Level Sports Player (for last one academic year)- Belongs to SC/ST category
- Candidates with one subject compartment in HSC will be given provisional admission subject to passing the qualifying exam and meeting NUV admission criteria.
- In addition, Conduct Certificate and School leaving certificates are mandatory.
- Selection of the candidates for admission to the Program is through a Written Aptitude Test (WAT) and Personal Interview.
- Final admission will be subject to the merit list prepared based on scores of WAT and PI.
25 merit-cum-means Scholarships are available to entering BBA/BBA-LLB students who have scored 70% and above in Class XII exams and their parents combined income does not exceed 6 lacs rupees per year. Interested candidates must come with filled in admissions forms and parents’ IT returns (2015-16) to the University at the time of seeking admission.
Hostel : Limited accommodation facilities available for outstation students.
|Semester – I|
|4||IT in Management||2|
|5||Law of Contract – I||4|
|6||Law of Tort with Consumer Protection Act||4|
|7||Inter-Disciplinary (Psychology + 1 Elective)||4|
|Semester – II|
|1||Principles of Management||2|
|3||Financial Management – 1||2|
|4||Marketing Management – 1||3|
|5||QT – Business Statistics||2|
|6||Law of Contract – II )||4|
|7||Constitutional Law – I||4|
|8||Inter-Disciplinary (1 Elective)||2|
|Semester – III|
|1||Marketing Management – 2||2|
|3||Business and Economic Environment||3|
|4||Family Law – I||4|
|5||Constitutional Law – II||4|
|6||English and Legal Language||4|
|8||Inter-Disciplinary ( 1 Elective)||2|
|Semester – IV|
|5||Family Law –II||4|
|6||Interpretation of Statutes and Principles of Legislation||4|
|7||Inter-Disciplinary ( 1 elective)||2|
|Semester – V|
|1||Budgeting and Costing||3|
|5||Criminal Law – I (Indian Penal Code)||4|
|6||Company Law – I||4|
|8||Winter Internship at Local level||P/F|
|Semester – VI|
|1||Global Business Management||3|
|2||Enterprise Management System||3|
|3||Inter-Disciplinary Business Ethics||2|
|4||Civil Procedure Code with Limitation Act||4|
|6||Company Law -II||4|
|7||Labour and Industrial Law – I||4|
|Semester – VII|
|2||Management Control System||3|
|3||Law of Evidence||4|
|4||Criminal Law –II (Code of Criminal Procedure),||4|
|5||Labour and Industrial Law – II||4|
|6||Professional Ethics & Professional Accounting system||4|
|7||Add: Moot Court||–|
|8||Winter Internship at High court level||–|
|Semester – VIII|
|1||Entrepreneurship and Innovation||3|
|2||Family Business Management||3|
|3||Public International law and Human Rights||4|
|4||Alternate Dispute Resolution,||4|
|6||Drafting, Pleading and Conveyance||4|
|7||Add: Moot Court||–|
|Semester – IX|
|1||Intellectual Property Law||3|
|2||Principles of Taxation||3|
|3||Information Technology Law||4|
|5||Foreign Trade Law||4|
|6||Add: Moot Court||4|
|7||Winter Internship at Supreme Court level||–|
|Semester – X|
|2||Law of Carriage||4|
|3||Private International Law||4|
|4||Mergers and Acquisitions||4|
|6||Add: Moot Court||–|