Dr. Mandira Sikdar
- PhD – Education, Dept. of Education, Faculty of Education and Psychology, The Maharaja Sayaji Rao University of Baroda, Vadodara.
- Masters in Education, Dept. of Education, Faculty of Education and Psychology, The Maharaja Sayaji Rao University of Baroda, Vadodara.
- B.Ed. – University of Mumbai
M.A. (English literature) – University of Mumbai
B.Sc. (Physics) – University of Mumbai
Dr. Mandira Sikdar is currently Dean – Student Affairs and Associate Professor in the School of Liberal Studies and Education, Navrachana University, Vadodara. She is Coordinator of Undergraduate Science and PhD programs at the University. As Administrator, she endeavors to provide an educational environment conducive to student learning and professional growth.
Dr. Sikdar’s research interests include ‘constructivist learning’, and knowledge management in intelligent learning environments; she teaches Research Methodology and has guided many post graduate and doctoral scholars. She serves as External Examiner to several universities, both national and international, for Under-graduate, Post Graduate and M.Phil programs. She has been awarded at the National level for effective integration of technology in teaching by INTEL and her current Projects (National) and research, center on the role that new information technologies play in the acquisition of knowledge.
Dr. Sikdar has done Projects both at the National and State level. She was the Principal Investigator for the National Project titled ‘E-Content for Under Graduate students in Biochemistry’, NME ICT, MHRD, Govt. of India, July 2012 – May 2013. This was part of a national endeavor for the designing of the NDL – National Digital Library.
- Selected under the UK India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI) Teacher Exchange Program at the School of Education, University of Glasgow, May 2012 ; Oxford University, June 2012.
- External Examiner, M. Phil Program, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2013 onwards.
- Advisory Committee Member of District Institute of Education and Training, Vadodara, 2013-17.
- External Examiner at the Dept. of Education, Faculty of Education and Psychology (2013-17) & Department of Human Development and Family Studies, The M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara.
- Awarded S. N. Mukherjee Gold Medal for standing first in the M.Ed. Examination, in The M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara, in the year 1992.
- Awarded National Winner (2004-05), Teacher Educator Category, in the Intel Teach To The Future Contest for Best Integration Of Technology in the B.Ed. Program.
Dr. Sikdar has participated and presented papers at numerous national and international conferences, workshops and seminars. She has authored/co-authored research papers, books/monographs and journal articles on various pertinent issues related to education.
- Sikdar, Mandira, ‘A Study of awareness of Open Book Examination system’, in Journal of Indian Education, NCERT, Vol. 37, No.4, Feb 2012,ISSN 0972-5628
- Sikdar, Mandira, ‘Educational Research: Does it truly inform and influence Educational practices?’ in Journal titled Educational Research: Issues and Concerns, ISBN 978-93-82498-61-2, March 2013, pp 89-92.
- Sikdar, Mandira and Balwariya, Rishiraj ‘Role of Teachers amidst Educational Reform – Passive Bystanders or Active Participants?’ in International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, ISSN: 2250-3153, Vol 3, Issue 10, October 2013, pp 154-159
- Sikdar, Mandira, ‘The New millennium- the need to address new Concerns’ in International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 4, Issue 2, February 2014, pp1-12, ISSN: 2250-3153
- Sikdar, Mandira and Ramani, Pramila, ‘Multidisciplinary Research Past, Present and Future’ in International Journal of Research and Scientific Innovation, Issue 7, Vol 1, ISSN: 2321-2705, pp 197-199, Nov 2014.
- Sikdar, Mandira and Poddar, Sangeeta, ‘Implementation of Continuous and Comprehensive evaluation in Mathematics assessment’, in NCTE Indian Journal of Teacher Education, I(2), ISSN 2349-6355, pp 1-18, 2015.
- ikdar, Mandira, ‘National Mission for Education through ICT – Successes, Challenges, and Lessons learned’ in 8th International Conference on Education Technology and Computers (ICETC 2016) organized by Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, September 28-30, 2016.
- Sikdar, Mandira, ‘Diversity in learning styles: Implications for Higher Education’ in the National Seminar on “Quality in Higher Education” organized by CTE-Council for Teacher Education, R. P. Anand College of Education,Borsad, 7-8 November, 2016.
- Sikdar, Mandira and Shah Pooja, ‘Issues and challenges in Education of Minorities – Lessons from a Case Study’, in the National Seminar on ‘Education of minorities in India: Issues and Concerns’ at CASE, Organized by Faculty of Education and Psychology, The M. S. University of Baroda, 9-11 February, 2017.
- Sikdar, Mandira, ‘Transforming the pedagogical landscape with digital initiatives’ in the National Seminar on Pedagogy In Education at CASE, Organized by Faculty of Education and Psychology, The M. S. University of Baroda 6-7 March 2017.
- Program on Learning Disability, Navrachana University, Vadodara.
- Program on Education Management, Navrachana University, Vadodara.