The Internship Program forms an integral and important component of education at Navrachana University. While students develop “industry connect” – a concept related to knowing about work through exposure to and interaction with industry experts, internship serves as a capstone experience that informs about and prepares them for the expectations of and how to succeed in the profession.
The value of internship is well-known in higher education:
- Internship bridges the gap between the academia and the corporate world to develop new opportunities of benefit both parties.
- It provides an opportunity for students to undergo the rigor of professional work in a real-life work environment, and through experience grounded in hard work and application of knowledge, learn about the requirements of professional work and make contribution to the organization providing internship opportunity.
- Internships help satisfy inquisitiveness about the corporate world and helps apply education to solve real-life problems.
- It offers an opportunity to acquire social skills through constant interaction with professionals within and outside organizations.
- Interns get introduced to a wide range of company functions and know the key functionaries necessary to gain insights into managing departments and achieving company goals.
There are many benefits to organizations providing internship opportunities;
- A source of highly motivated preprofessionals to meet the company needs year-round.
- New perspectives and insight to company problems and challenges.
- Increased visibility of the organization on campus, providing a recruiting edge and greater relationships with career services and faculty.
- Quality candidates for temporary or seasonal positions and projects.
- More time for professional staff to pursue more creative and important projects.
- A flexible, cost-effective workforce that does not require a long-term employer commitment.
- A proven, cost-effective way to recruit and evaluate potential employees.
- An enhanced image in the community as it contributes its expertise to the educational environment.
- Increased diversity of its employees.
- An ability to identify potential future hires, a pipeline for candidates.
- An opportunity for supervisory experience for developing employees.
- A glimpse into current trends and practices in higher education, a chance to work with a younger workforce capable of infusing new ideas and technologies, and an opportunity to train future workforce.
At NUV, students are expected to carry out two internships: i) with an NGO or the CSR department of a corporate providing them with “Social Connect” opportunity, and ii) with a corporate providing them with “Industry Connect” opportunity.
Besides exposure, internship also helps in job placement of the students – the organizations prefer students who have carried out internship with them.
Organizations interested in developing educational partnerships and/or developing internship opportunities with Navrachana University please contact Giri Sharma,Training & Placement Head firstname.lastname@example.org