Ms. Sangeeta Poddar
She did her Masters in Science (Physics) from Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
She did her Masters in Education from Navrachana University, Vadodara. Her thesis is titled
“A Study of the Implementation of Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation in Mathematics Assessment in Gujarat State Board Schools of Vadodara city”
She has cleared NET in Education and is presently pursuing Ph.D. from Navrachana University, Vadodara.
Sangeeta has seven years of teaching experience in schools like Delhi Public School, Vadodara, K. D. Ambani School (Reliance), Jamnagar, St. Arnold’s School, Rourkela etc.
She joined Navrachana University in January 2016 as an Academic Associate.
Sangeeta Poddar has been teaching Mathematics in school for several years and has attended several workshops and participated in symposiums in the same area. She is a gold medallist in M.Ed. and has cleared NET in her first attempt. She was also awarded with the ‘Academic Excellence Award’ for her M.Ed. studies by Navrachana University. She is presently training the Mathematics student-teachers of the B.Ed. Programme. Her main area of interest and work is ‘Higher Order Thinking Skills in Mathematics”.
In the tenure of six months in Navrachana University, Ms. Sangeeta has handled the Campus Recruitment of the 2015 B.Ed. batch and also contributed in the campaigning for the different programmes under the School of Liberal Studies & Education. She has carried out a research on the ‘Best Practices in Schools’ in order to enrich the B.Ed. program and has also put forward a research proposal in the area of ‘Stem Education’.
Ms. Sangeeta Poddar has presented six papers in National Conferences. She has published two papers in peer reviewed International Journals and one paper in the NCTE Journal. Her paper ‘Evaluation and Corrective Strategy for the Transmitter of Values to Refurbish the Goals of Sustainable Development’ was awarded the best paper among the papers presented in the Education category in the ‘National Conference on Innovating for Development and Sustainability organized by Navrachana University, Vadodara’.
- The paper titled “A Suggestive Curriculum for the M.Ed. Program with an Expanded Employability Quotient” was presented by Ms. Sangeeta Poddar in the ‘National Seminar on Teacher Education 2015+ organized by CASE, Faculty of Education & Psychology, MSU, Baroda’.
- Papers titled “Strategies of Total Quality Management – A Key to Enhance the Quality of Teacher Education” and “Foreign Education Regulatory Bill – A Ray of Hope or Despair?” were presented in ‘National Seminar on Higher Education : Expectation & Expression organized by CASE, Faculty of Education & Psychology, MSU, Baroda’.
- “Evaluation and Corrective Strategy for the Transmitter of Values to Refurbish the Goals of Sustainable Development” and “An Introspective Strategy for Palpable Sustainable Development” were the papers presented in ‘National Conference on Innovating for Development and Sustainability organized by Navrachana University, Vadodara’.
- “Modern Trends in Education – Enrichment or Threat to the Social Structure” was a paper presented in National Conference on Modern Education System : Multidisciplinary Perspective organized by Council for Teacher Education, Gujarat Chapter (CTEG) in association with (MSVSS), Vadodara.
Sangeeta has the following publications to her name
- “A Suggestive Curriculum for the M.Ed. Program with an Expanded Employability Quotient”
- “Foreign Education Regulatory Bill – A Ray of Hope or Despair?
- “Modern Trends in Education – Enrichment or Threat to the Social Structure” were the papers published in IOSR Journal of Humanities & Social Sciences (IOSR-JHSS)
- “Implementation of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation in Mathematics Assessment” was paper published in IJTE (Indian Journal of Teacher Education, NCTE, India).