MSW education at Navrachana University is a two year full time degree program. It offers professional training to students who want to pursue a career in social. The program prepares students for leadership responsibilities in social work through a process that builds knowledge, skills, attitude, values and commitment to the profession. Students engage extensively in field work and get ready to work in industries, government, and non-government organization or start a social enterprise.
Students get training in areas like: Corporate Social Responsibility, Labour Welfare and Human Resource Management, Environment, Gender, Women and Child Welfare, Medical and Psychiatric Social Work. They work independently or collaboratively in the areas of social policy, social service, social administration in social work. Learn to generate and disseminate knowledge and create social action for development.
Upon graduation, MSW students will:
Have a holistic understanding of social context and about functioning at the local, regional, national.
Have good understanding of social policy and practice.
Have skills and commitment necessary to work in the area of Social Work.
Have requisite skills to work with various stakeholders.
Have the ability to generate social action for development.
Have entrepreneurship skills necessary to start a social enterprise.
Have the ability to manage projects successfully.
- 2 years, Full time
- Four semester, 100 credits
- Class size 40
- 40 days per semester Field Work; every week, alternate days
- Learn about theory and research
- Work with local community, NGO’s, Hospitals & Industries
- Learn about Entrepreneurship – Take interdisciplinary courses
- Develop competence and skills in conducting research, preparing reports, and advocating policy and programs.
Eligibility for MSW:
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject with minimum 50%.
- Entrance test and personal interview.