Objectives of the Program
Environmental concerns due to emissions and the depleting fossil resources are turning the attention of the automobile manufactures and the public towards renewable sources like solar and wind which are carbon emission free. Conventional engines in the automobiles are replaced by battery and electrical motors which can be designed power converters. The important components of the system are the battery charging stations which have AC or DC inputs from the grid network or directly from the Renewable Energy Sources, batteries in the vehicles, converters and electric motors. The government is encouraging research in Electric Vehicles due to the advantages with monetary benefits to the manufacturers and users.
Contents of the Program
- Fundamentals, Performance and Control of Brushless DC Motors.
- Power Drives for Electric Vehicles.
- The Future of Electric Mobility in India – Challenges & Opportunities.
- Electric Vehicles Development and Case study on Battery, Infrastructure, Regulation and Safety aspects. Case study of Electric Vehicle Car Models Development.
Dr. K Raghavan
Associate Professor-IIT Gandhinagar, Ph.D-Indian Institute of Science Bangalore(2006), Research Engineer-GE India Technology Centre Pvt. Ltd., (2007-2009), IP Analyst-GE India Technology Centre Pvt. Ltd., (Jan 2007-Nov 2007)
Mr. B K Vaishya
Executive Director-Auto Division, Electrotherm (I) Ltd., worked with Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL), Bhopal for more than 32 years as engineering professional M. Tech from IIT Delhi
Dr. M.A Mulla
Associate Professor in department of electrical engineering at the S. V. National Institute of Technology, Surat, Since 2010, research area are Energy conversion, power converters, power quality and active power filters
Mr. Sameer Jindal
Director Engineering, MG Motor India, Post-graduated USA-Stonybrook University at New York (1995), Asst. R&D Manager-Daewoo Motors India(1996), Product Engineering – General Motors India (2001), Program Management – Hero Moto Corp (2016)
Registration Fees Structure
- For Students/Research Scholar: Rs.500/-
- For Faculty: Rs.700/-
- For Industry person: 1000/-
- Registration kit, refreshment and lunch will be provided to all the participants.
- All other expenses are to be borne by the participants.
- Registration charges are non refundable.
- Participants are required to make their own arrangements for travelling.
Last date of receiving a registration
3rd February, 2020
Notification of confirmation
6th February, 2020 (By Email)