Dr. Minaxi Bhagwat completed her PhD in Education from CASE-Department of Education, Faculty of Education and Psychology, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda. Her thesis is titled “Developing And Implementing Instructional Strategy On The Structure Of Observed Learning Outcomes (S.O.L.O.) Taxonomy For Mathematics Of Class – Ix”. She has done her B.Ed. and M.Ed. from Navrachna College of Education, Baroda. She has done her B.Sc. in Mathematics from the Faculty of Science, The M. S. University of Baroda and M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics from Faculty of Technology and Engineering, The M. S. University of Baroda. And MCA from IGNOU, New Delhi.
Dr. Minaxi comes with an experience of 1O+ years in several Educational Institutions as Maths Teacher and research scholar. Prior to joining Navrachana University, she worked with Navrachna College of Education, Eklavya Residential Tribal School and The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, where she contributed in academic, research and administrative tasks.
- Educational Researches in India: Few Concerns, Educational Research : Issues & Concerns (Monogram), ISBN: 978- 9382498-61-2, CASE-Dept. of Education, FEP, The S. University of Baroda, March – 2O13 (Pg. 375-381)
- Encouraging Social Media With School Education, EduInspire – An International E-Journal (Journal), ISSN: 2349-7O76, Council For Teacher Education – Gujarat Chapter (CTE), December 2O13 1, issue-1, (Pg. 12-18)
- Takshashila, Shikshan Darshan (A Peer Reviewed Journal), ISSN: 2319-2O2X, Samashtee Trust, Vadodara, Oct – Dec 2O13 Year-2, Issue-4 (Pg. 22-23)
- Exploring on Issues & Challenges of Quality Teacher Education in India and Canada, Chapter – 9 (Pg. 13O – 149) in Book by By Oza, D. and Helaiya, S. (2O14) Higher Education, ISBN: 978-93-3132225-8, APH Publishing Corporation, New Delhi
- Viewing Teaching & Learning Through New Scaﬀold: The S.O.L.O. Taxonomy with reference to the Conceptual Understanding in Mathematics, EDUTRACKS – A Monthly Scanner of Trends in Education (Journal), ISSN: O972-9844, Neelkamal Publications Ltd., Hyderabad, December 2O15, Vol.15 No.4
- Knowing Publication: Competencies for Academic Writing and Publishing, Chapter – 29 (Pg. 243 – 253) in Book edited by Edited By Panigrahi, C.; Patadia, H. J. &Mistry, H.S. (2O15), Research Competency in Higher Education – Mapping and Management, ISBN – 13: 978-935125-184-2, Concept Publishing Company Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
- A Great Social Reformer As Maharaja Sayajirao Gaikwad-III: For Pioneering Public Libraries To Promote Public Education (Cover Story), CONNECT – The MSU Magazine (Magazine) (2O16), The S. University of Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat, March – 2O16 Issue – I Univ.
- Empowering Common Women Through Legal Education: Awareness Is The Best Remedy, EduInspire: An International E-Journal (UGC Approved Journal (No. 64792)), ISSN: 2349-7O76, CTE GUJARAT, June – 2O17 – 4; Issue 2
- Educational Blogging: Praxis Of Web O Infused TeachingLearning Practices In Teacher Education, Chapter – 21 (Pg. 148 – 161) in book by Sharma, L. (2O2O), Perspectives Toward India’s New National Education Policy, ISBN: 978-939O238-53-8, Asian Press Books, Kolkata
- Hindi Poems (i) … … (ii) , Chapter- 11 (Pg.18 – 19) in book by Chisty, (2O2O), Zindagi, ISBN:978-939O567-4O-9, InkQuills Publishing House, Noida, UP,
Seminar and Conference Participations
- Participated and presented a paper on the title “Netiquettes And Nethics: For Human Values In The Digital World – To Become Good Netizens To The World Citizens” at International Seminar on ‘Ethics And Human Values: The Global Challenge’ conducted by School Of Education, Jaipur National University, Jaipur In Collaboration With Council For Teacher Education
- Participated and presented a paper on the title ““Understand It First!” Pedagogical And Assessment Practices With SOLO Taxonomy: An Overview On An Experimental Research Study” at National Seminar On Learning Outcomes: Best Pedagogical Practices (NSLO 2O19) conducted by Regional Institute Of Education (RIE) (NCERT), Ajmer on 7 – 9th March, 2O19
- Participated and presented a paper on the title “The SOLO Hexagons: The Graphic Organizer For Fostering The Comprehension” at national level seminar conducted on ‘Challenges Of
School Classroom Teaching & Learning In New Millennium’ by Jointly Y (I) P. P. Savani School, Ankleshwar And (Ii) Council For Teacher Education – Gujarat Chapter on 22nd April, 2O17
- Participated and presented a paper in the National Seminar on “Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR): Trends And Opportunities” organized by UGC-DSA Programme (Phase-III) & Centre for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility, Faculty of Social work, MSU of Baroda under the aggies of Gujarat CSR Authority, Gandhinagar; Gujarat Alkalise & Chemicals And Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd. on 19th & 2Oth February, 2O16 with the title of the papers as “Empowering Women – Role of RTE” and “Eﬀorts of CSR for Women Empowerment”.
- Participated and presented a paper in the National Seminar on “Comparative perspectives on Social Work Practices in Canada and India” conducted jointly by UGC Centre for Canadian Studies (UGC Area Studies Programme), Faculty of Arts as well Faculty of Social Work, MSU of Baroda on 13th & 14th March, 2O15 with the title of a paper as “Comparative Perspectives of Social Work Practices in India & Canada: At Micro, Mezzo & Macro Level”.
- Participated and presented a paper in the National Seminar on “Higher Education: Expectation & Expression” conducted by CASE, FEP, MSU on 9th & 1Oth March, 2O15 with the title of a paper as “Accentuate the Digital Infrastructure: Alternative key factor to strengthening higher education in India”.
- Participated and presented a paper in the UGC SAP-National Seminar on “Teacher Education 2O15+” conducted by CASE, FEP, MSU on 27th & 28th February, 2O15 with the title of a paper as “Reviving In-service Teacher Education : Mandatory Requirement for RTE”.
- Participated and presented a paper in the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) sponsored National Seminar on “Qualitative Research & Its Application” organised by Shri H. Shah Maitri Vidyapeeth Mahila College of Education (NAAC – A graded), Surendranagar, Gujarat held on 18th January,2O15 where, paper entitled with “Mathematics Teacher Education: From Research Perspectives”.
- Participated and presented a paper in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Perspectives in Higher Education” jointly organised by Faculty of Education & Psychology, Maharaja Sayajirao Vishwavidhyalaya Shaikshik Sangh (MSVSS) and Council for Teacher Education Gujarat Chapter (CTEG) on 1Oth January, 2O15. Paper entitled with “Mathematics Teacher Education: Concern for its delinkages with researches in Mathematics” and “An Overview on current state of Higher Education in India”
- Participated and presented a paper in the National Seminar conducted on “Higher Education : Expectations & Expressions” by CASE, FEP, MSU on 9th and 1Oth March, 2O15 with the title “Accentuate the Digital Infrastructure : Alternative Key Factor to Strengthening Higher Education in India”.
- Participated and presented a paper in the National Seminar on “Comparative Perspectives on Social Work Practices in Canada & India” organized by UGC centre for Canadian Studies, Faculty of Atrs & Faculty of Social Work, The S. University of Baroda on 13th & 14th March,
2O15. Paper entitled with “Comparative Perspectives of Social Work Practices in India & Canada: At Micro, Mezzo and Macro Level”.
- Participated and presented Poster titled with “Positive Discipline : Preventative Measures For Misconduct Without Corporal Punishment” at National Seminar on “Discipline With Dignity And Child Rights” jointly organized by the Faculty of Community & Family Science, The S. University of Baroda as well UNICEF on 14 – 15th October, 2O14.
- Poster / Paper presented at National Seminar-2O14 on “Children And Women In Media: Issues & Perspectives” organized by Home Science Extension Communication Alumni Association & Department of Extension and Communication, Faculty of Family and Community Sciences, The M. S. University of Baroda entitled as, “Women Education & Empowerment : Inﬂuences from Shades of Women Emerged & Reﬂected Through Small Screens”.
- Paper presented at National Seminar-2O14 on “Researcher Competency: Mapping & Management” organized by CASE, The S. University of Baroda entitled as, “Knowing Publication: Competencies for Academic Writing & Publishing”.
- Paper presented at National Seminar-2O14 on “Teacher Competency: Mapping & Management” organized by CASE, The M. S. University of Baroda under UGC-SAP entitled as, “Requisition of Competencies for Teachers to Conquer Malpractices & Maintaining Peace”.
- Paper presented at National Seminar-2O14 on “Education At Crossroads” organized by Shree Machhi Mahajan Education Society’s College of Education, Nanai Daman in association with Council for Teacher Education- Gujarat Chapter entitled with “Coming Crossroads In Teacher Education: Quality Concerns”.
- Participated in National Seminar-2O14 conducted on “Had Sardar Patel Not Been Successful In Building The United India” Organized by Faculty of Social Work, The S. University of Baroda.
- Paper presented at International Conference-2O14 on “Women and Millennium Development Goals : A Social Work Response” collaboratively organized and hosted by Faculty of Social Work, The S. University of Baroda
- Paper presented at National Seminar-2O13 conducted on “Relevance of Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan” (National Higher Education Mission) organized by Akhil Bharatiya Rashtriya Shaikshik Mahasangh (ABRSM)- Delhi and Maharaja Sayajirao Vishwavidyalaya Shaikshik Sangh(MSVSS)-Vadodara entitled with “Concerns & Policy Perspectives for Inclusive Higher Education in India”.
- Paper presented at UGC sponsored National Seminar-2O13 and jointly organized by the departments of the
- University of Baroda on “Incorporation of Swami Vivekananda’s Thoughts in the Curriculum of Contemporary Education System” entitled with “Reﬂections on Promotion of Humane Education with Vivekananda’s Perceptions At School Level”.
- Paper presented at ICSSR sponsored National Seminar-2O13 and organized by N.H. Patel College of Education-Anand on “Towards Practices of Teacher Education” entitled with “Blogging The Teaching Learning”.
- Paper presented at National Seminar – 2O13 held on ‘Emerging Paradigms of Teacher Education’ organized by
CASE, Faculty of Education and Psychology, M.S. University of Baroda. Three papers presented were entitled as o “Navigating Teachers to ‘Edutech Teachers : By Giving Exposure To Some ICT-Tools”
- “Techno – Savvy Teachers Need To Be Competent With TPACK” and
- “Professionalisation Of Teacher Education In India : Curriculum Introspection”
- Participated at National Seminar – 2O13 held on ‘Educational Research : Issues & Concerns’ under UGC-SAP conducted by CASE, Faculty of Education and Psychology, S. University of Baroda. Paper presented entitled with – “Educational Researches in India : Few Concerns”
- Participated at National Seminar – 2O13 held on ‘Quality Assurance Practices in Higher Education : India and Canada’ jointly conducted by Centre for Canadian Studies, Faculty of Arts, UGC Area Studies Programme and Internal Quality Assurance Cell, The S. University of Baroda. Paper presented with the Title – “Exploring on Issues & Challenges of Quality Teacher Education in India and Canada”
- Paper presented at National Seminar – 2O13 held on ‘Education for Change : Implications for Teacher Education’ conducted by Navrachana University-Baroda. Paper entitled with “(Changing Focus) Change from Teaching to Learning : Professionalizing the Teachers”.
- Paper presented at National Seminar 2O12 conducted by UGC – SAP for ‘Taxonomy of Educational Skills’ at CASE (Center for Advanced Study in Education), S. University on “Reframing the Taxonomy of Educational Skills to Incorporate 21st Century Skills”
- Paper presented at National Seminar 2OO8 conducted on “Wholistic Teacher Education” by CASE (Center for Advanced Study in Education), S. University on “A Study of the Current Instructional Practices in the schools of Vadodara city – A Research Initiative”
- Papers presented at National Convention 2OO8 conducted by Navrachana College of Education & Navrachana Vidyani Vidyalaya, as
- “A3 Learning – Next Phase of the Transformation ”
- “Action Research Approach for Civics Curriculum Development”
- Paper presented at college (Navrachana College of Education) level on
- “Role of various agencies – NCERT & SCERT (GCERT)”
- “Team Teaching and Co-operative eﬀorts in Mathematics”
- “Marxism : Class struggle to Socialism with Karl Marx”
- “Education as related to Social Stratiﬁcation and Social Mobility : Role of Educational Institutions & their Career Guidance Program”
Awards and Recognitions
Award Winner of the “Gujarat Government Technology in Education Awards” with support from Intel Teach program in the Individual category for the ‘Best Use of Technology in Education’ for the year 2OO6 and awarded by the Education Minister (Anandiben Patel) for the Gujarat State. Participated from Navrachna College of Education, Baroda – SNDT University, Mumbai during my B.Ed. 2OO6-2OO7 course.
“ECO Fair 2OO9 – Model Presentation” Won the First prize at district level. Model prepared & presented by the team of MGGIES students under my guidance & supervision.
Astronomical Project on “Chandrayaan” prepared by me and my students of MGGIES was appreciated most at district level by Manthan Lok Vigyan Kendra & GUJCOST / DST – Gandhinagar and we were selected to participate & present the district at NCSC National Astronomy Camp – 2O1O conducted on “National Camp on Annual Solar Eclipse Observation” at Kanyakumari. The three days camp was organized jointly by Vigyan Prasar, Department of Science & Technology(DST)-Govt. of India, New Delhi and Tamilnadu Science & Technology Centre-Chennai.
Mathematical models (based on Pie chart, Trigonometry and Series) prepared with MGGIES team eﬀorts were selected through district level Math-Science Fair- 2O1O in order to exhibit at National Science Congress – 2O1O, Science City – Ahmedaba