B. Sc (Data Science ) Program 2019-20
Duration: Three Years
- Every facet of modern life from social networking to scientific research, finance to healthcare , produce an immense amount of data which needs to be analysed and turned into intelligence for actionable insight.
- B.Sc Data Science is a unique Program designed to impart the essential skills to cater to the fastest growing trends in the industry.
- The program will provide students with an opportunity to get exposed to the broad range of subjects leading to a high-level of data science skills.
- The curriculum is a blend of core and advanced specialised courses in statistics and predictive analytic using R, Python, Machine Learning , Data Visualisation with a strong foundation of Mathematics, Communication skills and entrepreneurship.
- Choice based electives from other Programs diversify the domain of knowledge in an interdisciplinary manner.
- Project intern-ship give the much needed hands on learning experience in the final semester, where they can analyse and draw actionable inferences from a raw data using the analytics based on statistical and mathematical understanding.
- Expertise faculty with great experience in industry, academics, research, development and innovation
- Curriculum is based on the latest trends in the ever changing and evolving fields of Data Science
- Excellent placement cell for further opportunities
- State-of-the-art Computer Laboratory and Infrastructure
- Large numbers of Extra-curricular and Co-curricular engagement opportunities
“To be announced shortly”
|Semester – I|
|2||Databases and My SQL||4|
|Semester – II|
|3||Object Oriented Programming||4|
|4||Ordinary differential equations||2|
|Semester – III|
|1||R programming for Data Science||4|
|2||Regression analysis and Bayesian statistics||5|
|3||Data Visualization and Tableau||5|
|4||Discrete Mathematics and Linear Algebra||5|
|Semester – IV|
|1||Data mining and warehousing ( Using R / Python)||3|
|2||Data analytic using Hadoop||3|
|Semester – V|
|1||Internet of things for Data Analytic||4|
|5||Numerical methods and simulation||5|
|Semester – VI|
|Semester||List of Electives|