- PhD- IPR Law- School of Excellence in Law, Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai. (Government University)
Thesis Titled ‘A Critical Analysis of the Impact of Product Patent Regime and Drug Price Regulation on Indian Pharmaceutical Industry and Affordability of Medicine’
- LL.M – Master of Law-Business Law, Department of PG Studies, Kuvempu University, Shimoga.
Dissertation Titled ‘The Compatibility & Conflicts in the International Legal Arrangements Concerning Trade and Environment: An Analysis’
- 5 yr Integrated BA, LL.B (Hons), University College of Law, Karnataka University, Dharwad.
Dr.Sujatha Patil is currently Principal- Law Program and Associate Professor in School of Business & Law, Navrachana University, Vadodara. Dr. Patil journey in academics started form 2005 till the date. She worked in three reputed institutions in Bangalore. Prior to this was the appointment as Principal @ IFIM Law College Bangalore.
Holding faculty position in different institutions she taught subjects like Company law, Contract Act, Constitutional Law, IPR, Jurisprudence, Labour Law, FTP etc. Her specialization are Corporate Law & IPR. She also guided both undergraduate & postgraduate students for dissertation work. She served as external examiner for Bangalore University. She was the member of Governing Council, & Chair person & member of different committees like Grievance, Academic Advisory, Moot Court, Legal Aid, NSS @ IFIM, Dayanand Sagar Institutions, Sarvodaya Law College- Bangalore. Dr. Patil has published extensively in peer reviewed impact factor journal of National & International repute.
Apart from academic exposure she also practiced for 1 year in High Court of Karnataka- Bangalore (2002-2003)
Research & Publications
Peer Reviewed Publications (Recent)
- Patil, Sujatha, ‘Need to Focus on Legal Profession & Education in India’ published in Journal called IMPACT: IJRHAL, Impact Factor: 3.7985 with ISSN(Print): 2347-4564; ISSN (Online): 2321-8878, Vol. 7, Issue 1, Jan 2019, 365-370
- Patil, Sujatha, ‘Recent Stand by Judiciary in Protecting Rights of the Women’ in Journal IMPACT: IJRHAL, ISSN (P): 2347-4564; ISSN (E): 2321-8878, Vol. 7, Issue 2, Feb 2019, 561-568
- Patil, Sujatha, ‘Juvenile Delinquency Rehabilitation: The Route to Reform’ published in Journal GARJ having an Impact Factor: 5.56 with ISSN: 2347-3592, 2018
- Patil, Sujatha, ‘Patent and Medicine: Do Product Patent Cause for Unaffordable of Medicine?’ published in Journal called REIMRJ having an Impact Factor: 5.93 with ISSN: 2250-1630, 2018
- Patil, Sujatha, ‘Legal and Corporate Initiative towards Consumer Protection and Education in India’ published Journal of Multidisciplinary Research having an impact factor: 5.79 with ISSN: 2320-236X, 2018
- Patil, Sujatha, ‘Impact of Drug Price Regulation on Indian Pharmaceutical Industry’ published in International Journal called IJAMBU with ISSN: 2347-8608.
- Recipient of International Award as “Distinguished Women Administrator” VIWA 2016 from Venus International Foundation, Chennai.
- Recipient of Award as “Best Young Teacher” 2016 from GRABS Educational Charitable Trust, Chennai
- Chaired Sessions as a Resource Person in UGC sponsored National Seminars & Workshops organized by Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai.
- Independently hosted couple of Seminars & Workshops in her academic journey
- External Examiner at Faculty of Law, Bangalore University- Bangalore
- Secured Grade A in UGC Sponsored Refresher Course organized by UGC in Association with Bangalore University
- Member of Governing Council of IFIM Law College, Bangalore.
- Patil, Sujatha, ‘Does SC Capture the Ethos & Spirit of Article 15(3) & 21 of the Constitution in its Recent Landmark Judgment on Sex with Minor Wife is Rape’ in National Seminar organized by Parul Institute of Law – Parul University- Vadodara on 25th Nov 2017.
- Patil, Sujatha, ‘Disaster Management In India: A Human Rights Perspective’ in UGC sponsored one day National Seminar organized by TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University Chennai on 13th Oct 2015.
- Patil, Sujatha, ‘An overview of Cyber Laws Vs Cyber Crimes-Indian Perspective’ in the First National Seminar organized by Dayananda Sagar Academy of Technology & Management, Bengaluru on 7th May 2015.
- Patil, Sujatha, ‘Facilitating Access to Medicines: Indian Patent System and International Obligations’ in International Seminar organized by University College of Law, Bangalore in Association with British Council Chennai on 12th Nov 2014.
- Patil, Sujatha, ‘Arushi Murder Case: Influence of Indian Media over Implication of Law’ in UGC sponsored two day National Seminar organized by TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University Chennai on 8th and 9th Aug 2014.