She joined Navrachana University in 2O12 as an Assistant Professor and has been an integral part of the academic team since.
Enthusiastic about her research, she believes that Multilayered composites have found wide use in many structures, especially and mainly in aerospace applications, where high strength-to-weight and stiﬀness-to-weight ratios are required. Development of two-dimensional accurate numerical and analytical models, of physically three-dimensional structures and laminates, has been an area of active research since many years. Development of both continuum and discrete higher order deformation models for improving characteristics of the laminates and structures in the form of beams, plates and shells is essential.
Her aim to work in this research area is to gain theoretical understanding of how structures and solid objects react under stress. These areas have an immense application in ﬁeld of both civil and aerospace engineering.
She has worked on reﬁned higher order theory and shear-deformation plate theory due to Reissner and others, elastic – semi analytical and numerical solutions of three dimensional cylinders, shells and plates. Shear- deformation plate and shell theory which describes mathematically what happens to a ﬂat surface when a force is applied to it. Engineers use it to analyze the external forces that act on structural surfaces like slabs, ﬂoors or the outer and inner skin of airplane wings.
In her research area, she has applied various models for analyzing ﬁnite length thick laminated and smart cylinders, laminated composite shells and circular plates under various loading conditions. A passionate researcher, she is also a wonderful guide to the students.
She has taught various courses at UG and PG level such as Matrix analysis of framed structures, Numerical methods, ﬁnite element methods, theory of structures, applied mechanics, solid mechanics and Introduction to plate theory as well as advanced solid mechanics.
Research Articles in Referred Journals
Few Selected Papers in Referred Journals
- Desai, P. (2O2O). Semi analytical cum numerical analysis of two-dimensional elasticity problem of plate with eccentric hole in bipolar coordinate International Journal for Computational Methods in Engineering Science and Mechanics, 21(4), 185-2O4.
- Desai, P. (2O19). On Construction of Golden Section Interwoven: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Navrachana University, 2(1), 31 – 4O.
- Desai, P. (2O17). Construction of ﬁbonacci spiral and geometry in golden hexagon using golden Interwoven: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Navrachana University, 1(1), 16 – 27.
- Desai, , & Kant, T. (2O15). On numerical analysis of axisymmetric thick circular cylindrical shells based on higher order shell theories by segmentation method. Journal of Sandwich Structures & Materials, 17(2), 13O-169.
- Desai, P., & Kant, T. (2O13). On numerical analysis of composite and laminated cylinders of ﬁnite length subjected to partially distributed band International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, 111, 321-33O.
Sponsored Research Project Completed
Funding Agency : DST – SERB Young Scientist Award, Govt of India Duration: 3 Years, (January 2O16 to July 2O2O)
Grant No: YSS/2O15/OOO978 Sanctioned grant: Rs. 2O,82,OOO/-
Title: ” Numerical analysis of elastostatic plate with eccentric hole in bipolar coordinate system”.