To enter NUV's PhD program, all chosen applicants must appear for an entrance examination. The University encourages research leading to a PhD degree with focus on Interdisciplinary Research for the 'creation and addition of knowledge', and to address complex scientific and socially relevant problems via integration of knowledge from multiple and disparate fields.
The University offers academic programs leading to the award of PhD Degrees through its Schools –
School of Science | School of Business & Law | School of Engineering & Technology | School of Liberal Studies & Education
- The entrance exam will comprise a entrance test and interview
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of
- 50% of research methodology (It will also test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.)
- 50% shall be subject specific
- The qualifying percentage for the entrance test shall be 50%
- The list of candidates clearing the entrance test shall be declared on website of the University
- An interview will be organized where the candidates will be required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation
- The final selection of candidates (in order of merit) will be done on the basis of the performance of candidates in the entrance examination based on following criteria – Weightage of 70% to the entrance test and weightage of 30% to performance in the interview.