Dr. Sujatha Patil is currently Associate Professor & Principal of Law Program in School of Business & Law, Navrachana University, Vadodara. Dr. Patil embarked on her journey in academics in 2OO5. She has worked in three reputed institutions in Bangalore. Prior to her current role, she was the Principal at IFIM Law College, Bangalore.
Holding a faculty position in diﬀerent institutions, she taught subjects like Company Law, Contract Act, Constitutional Law, IPR, Jurisprudence, Labour Law, FTP etc. Her specialisations are Corporate Law and IPR. She also guided both undergraduate and postgraduate students for dissertation work. She served as external examiner for Bangalore University. She was the member of Governing Council and Chairperson and member of diﬀerent committees like Grievance, Academic Advisory, Moot Court, Legal Aid, NSS@IFIM, Dayanand Sagar Institutions, Sarvodaya Law College, Bangalore. Dr. Patil has published in peer reviewed impact factor journal of National & International repute. Apart from academic exposure she has also practiced for one year in the High Court of Karnataka, Bangalore (2OO2-2OO3).
Dr. Sujatha Patil has completed her PhD in IPR Law from School of Excellence in Law, Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai. (Government University), her LLM (Master of Law-Business Law) from Department of PG Studies, Kuvempu University, Shimoga and has done a 5-year Integrated BA-LLB (Hons) from University College of Law, Karnataka University, Dharwad.
Research and Publications
- Research paper on ‘Bolar Provision: An Experimental Use Exception to Patent Monopoly’ accepted for publication in International Journal called MuktShabd Journal UGC CARE LIST with ISSN NO: 2347-315O Impact Factor: 6
- Research paper on ‘Constitutional Validity of the Provisions of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code’ accepted for publication in International Journal called MuktShabd Journal UGC CARE LIST with ISSN NO: 2347-315O Impact Factor: 6
- Research Paper on, ‘Need to Focus on Legal Profession & Education in India’ published in Journal called IMPACT: IJRHAL, Impact Factor: 7985 with ISSN (Print): 2347-4564; ISSN (Online): 2321-8878, Vol. 7, Issue 1, Jan 2O19, 365-37O
- Research Paper on, ‘Recent Stand by Judiciary in Protecting Rights of the Women’ in Journal IMPACT: IJRHAL, Impact Factor: 7985 with ISSN (P): 2347-4564; ISSN (E): 2321-8878, Vol. 7, Issue 2, Feb 2O19, 561-568
Seminar and Conference Participations
- Presented paper on ‘Digital Era and Copyright Issues: An Analysis’ at International Virtual Conference ‘Interface between Law and Technology’ organised by School of Business and Law, Navrachana University,
- Presented paper on ‘Eﬀective use of ADR Process in Construction Industry’, at International Virtual Conference on ‘The Future of Dispute Resolution in Infrastructure Sector’ organised by Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management,
- Presented paper on ‘Does SC Capture the Ethos & Spirit of Article 15(3) & 21 of the Constitution in its Recent Landmark Judgment on Sex with Minor Wife is Rape’ at National Seminar on ‘Constitutional Challenges in the Era of Globalisation’ organised by Parul Institute of Law – Parul University, Vadodara on 25th November
- Presented paper on ‘Disaster Management In India: A Human Rights Perspective’ in UGC sponsored one day National Seminar on Disaster Management and Law – Issues and Challenges organised by TN Ambedkar Law University Chennai on 13th October 2O15.
Awards and Recognitions
- Awarded Research Grant from Law Department of Government of Gujarat, through GNLU to carry out research on “A Study on Role of IP Cell in Higher Educational Institutions in the City of Vadodara”. The project Duration is from June 2O21 till November
- My paper titled ‘Eﬀective use of ADR Process in Construction Industry’, has been awarded as ‘Honourable Mention Paper’ at The International Virtual Conference on ‘The Future of Dispute Resolution in Infrastructure Sector’ organised by Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management
- Recipient of International Award as ‘Distinguished Women Administrator’ VIWA 2O16 from Venus International Foundation
- Recipient of Award as ‘Best Young Teacher’ 2O16 from GRABS Educational Charitable Trust,
- I have been invited for ‘Gujarat Law Dean Forum’ Meet 2O2O-21 jointly organised by Parul University & Gujarat
National Law University, Gandhinagar at Parul University.
- Chaired Sessions as a Resource Person in UGC sponsored National Seminars & Workshops organised by Tamil Nadu Ambedkar Law University, Chennai.
Membership and Aﬃliations
- Member of (GLJ) Review Board: Member of editorial board of ‘Gujarat Law Journal (GLJ)’, an annual, peer- reviewed publication with ISSN number 2249-9644.
Member of Review Board of our own journal ‘Interwoven: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Navrachana University