She joined Navrachana University as Assistant Professor in July 2O11. A career span of 22 years has assignments as Research/Project Fellow and ten years as Teacher Educator (2OO1-2OO4; 2OO4-2O11) at The M S University of Baroda, Vadodara and Navrachana College of Education. Prior to this was the appointment as Head of School for eight years (199O-1998) at Navi Mumbai.
Scholarship and Accomplishments
Dr.Vandana Talegaonkar’s research interests are Pedagogy Policy, Cultural Politics of Learning, Qualitative Research Methodologies, Ethnography and Eventualisation, Foucault and Education, Constructivism, Blended Learning, Comparative Education Policy, Ontology of School, Everyday life in School, Urban School and Urban Pedagogy. Drawing from the doctoral study, she is currently working on the contestations in the school as an institution. Exploring pedagogic interventions, she is engaged in the study of pedagogy for behaviour modiﬁcation under the project “Inculcation of Culture of Cleanliness among School Students”. Research projects completed are “Professional Development for Technology Integrated Teaching” and; “Eﬀectiveness of a longer teaching period in school”.
Her areas of work are liberal arts and education, speciﬁcally Gender, Poverty and Education; Teacher Education and; Professional Development of Teacher. She designs curriculum and teaches sociology and cultural anthropology for professional programs. She oﬀers a rich understanding of education and school education gained through the ﬁeld practices and academia which is thoughtfully woven into the Teacher Education curriculum. She specializes in pedagogy for language teaching at the Teacher Education Programs. As convener of curriculum for Teacher Education (B.Ed., M.Ed. and Post graduate Diploma in ECCE) for two years, she has conceptualized and designed curriculum for contemporary teachers. Signiﬁcant responsibilities in this direction are Member, Committee for Standardization of B.Ed. curriculum across Gujarat State; Professional Development of principals of secondary schools of Brihan Mumbai Nagarpalika, Mumbai (UNICEF & Government of Maharashtra project) and; Consultant for inculcation of life skills in school curriculum. She has facilitated discussions on appropriateness of the integration of the life skills in the content of the textbooks. Stakeholders: Members from Maharashtra State textbook bureau, Professor of Education, State Council for Education, Research and Training (SCERT).
As academic administrator has managed stakeholders in education and strengthened institutional networking through programs and partnerships.
INTEL Foundation, Teach to the Future, India, 2OO5
- National Award, Teacher Educator Category for best integration of Technology, The M. S. University of Baroda, Gujarat, India, 2OOO
- Prof K.N. Menon Gold Medal In Education
- Prof N. Mukherji Gold Medal in Education
- Prof B. Buch Gold Medal in Education
Actively participated as an Urban Design Associate in preparation of Development Plan for AVKUDA) Anand – Vallabh Vidyanagar – Karamsad Urban Development Authority. The Draft Development Plan was published in 2O14. Was also part of the team empanelled with Rajasthan Government & Vadodara Municipal Corporation. Have taken initiative for digitizing Historic Tikka Maps of Sidhpur, for the City Survey Oﬃce, Sidhpur Municipality.
Xavier, P., Talegaonkar, Vandana, and Raj, Rishi, “Foundations and Management of Education as a system”, Varishen Prakashan Amol Prakashan, Ahmedabad, 2O1O
Chapters in Book
- Vandana Talegaonkar, Archana Tomar, Valli “Education for Rural Transformation in Interconnected World.” Editor, Karnam Pushpanadham, Concepts Publishing Company Pvt Ltd, New Delhi. 2O14.
- Vandana Talegaonkar and Archana Tomar, “Open the black ” Editors, S Kumar and Sujata Srivastava,School Education in India Quality Improvement Techniques, New Century Publications, New Delhi 2O1O
- Pradhan, ,Talegaonkar, Vandana., & Choudhary, Reena. “Perception of barriers faced by women managers.”Editors, N. Pradhan and M. Sahastra buddhe, Women in educational management, Book Enclave, Jaipur 2OO9.
- Vandana Talegaonkar, Rina Choudhary,”A Strategy to promote human rights education: implications for teacher ” Editors, Hemlata Talesara, Maneesha Shukul and Uma Shanker Sharma, Author Press, 2OO3
Talegaonkar, V. Developing a Professional Development Programme for Teachers for Technology Integrated Teaching, INTEL MONOGRAPH: Research Studies on the impact of ICT in Education: Fostering Excellence through innovation (ed) Louis Vernal, August 2OO9