Areas of Expertise
Cancer Biology, Animal Cell Culture, Molecular and Cell Biology
Khushali Upadhyay has done a summer internship at IIT, Bombay for one month (2O14). She has completed her dissertation thesis entitled as ‘Inﬂuence of Anti-estrogen on TGF-Beta mediated signalling in Breast Cancer Cells’ (2O15). Recently she is pursuing PhD in Biochemistry on ‘Evaluation of Plant based anticancer agents for possible breast cancer Therapy: A Green Anticancer approach’ (Reg. No: 17721OO2).
She has one-year part time teaching experience at School of Science, Navrachana University (2O18). She is currently involved in conducting practical classes of graduate and postgraduate courses of Life Science and Biomedical Sciences. She has an active participation in conducting academic/laboratory/ﬁeld visits and Summer/Winter internship for students every year.
Awards and Recognition
- Qualiﬁed ‘Gujarat State Eligibility Test for Assistant Professor (G-SET)’ (2O19)
- Qualiﬁed GATE-XL (Life-Science) (2O16)
- Received Gold Medal in Master of Sciences (Biochemistry) for securing 1st (2O15)
- Khushali U., Elizabeth , Denni M. and Darshee B. (2O2O), ‘Recent Scenario of Medicinal Plants of India in Cancer Therapeutics, Interwoven: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Navrachana University 3(2): 1-2
- Participation on Innovative Pedagogy of Laboratory Animals In Animal Biology, Organised by Joseph College, TN (2O2O).
- Attended Intellectual property right (IPR) workshop organised by iHUB, Gujarat (2O2O).
- Participation in Workshop on Bioinformatics organised by Holy Cross College, TN (2O2O).
- Completed a certiﬁcate course on ‘Indian Kitchen Herbs for Respiratory Disorders: Ayurvedic & Modern Perspective’ by K. University (2O2O).
- Paper Presented on ‘Preliminary Phytochemical analysis and microscopic studies of Butea monosperma (Linn.) Kuntze leaf and bark’ in International Conference on ‘Drug Discovery and Development in Agrobiotechnology and Pharmaceutical Sciences, N. M. Padalia Pharmacy College, Ahmedabad on 23rd – 25th November 2O19.
- Paper presented on ‘Inﬂuence of Anti-estrogen on TGF beta mediated signalling pathway in Breast cancer’ in International Conference on Reproduction, Endocrinology and Development (ICRED) hosted by Navrachana University, Vadodara from 18th – 21st January
- Attended Two-Day National Symposium on ‘Innovations in Cancer Research: Translating ‘OMICS’ to Therapeutics, 14th – 15th September 2O18, organised by Directorate of Research and Innovation, Nirma University,
- Attended Guest Lecture of Dr. Rebecca Garcia (VP of Co Diagnostics, , US) at Navrachana University, Vadodara (2O18).
- Completed Summer training on ‘Primer Designing, qPCR, Molecular Markers and Mammalian cell Transfection’ at Department of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, V. Patel Pharmaceutical Education & Research Development (PERD) Centre, Ahmedabad (2O18).
- Attended 3-day Hands-on Flow Cytometry Course, V. Patel Pharmaceutical Education and Research Development (PERD) Centre, Ahmedabad (2O18).
- Organising Committee Member (Registration committee and Cultural Committee) of International Conference on Reproduction, Endocrinology and Development (ICRED) from 18th – 21st January 2O19 hosted by Navrachana University, V
- Organising Committee Member (Registration Committee) of International Conference on Eco-health and Environmental Sustainability (ICEES), 23rd – 26th February 2O2O, organised by Navrachana University, V
- Organising Committee Member (Registration and Publication committee) International Conference On Public Health (ICPH), 24th – 26th March, 2O21 hosted by Navrachana University, V
- NUV School Connect Committee Member
- Contributed in Cell Culture and Microbiology Laboratory, Establishment and Laboratory syllabus designing for Life Science and Biomedical Science